Epilogue

-Ember-

I wait impatiently at the airport, surrounded by hundreds of eager girls -and even a few guys- as I wait for my best friends to come back home after their long tour.

I didn't see them much while they were gone and things were still extremely awkward between Ashton and I. A ton of articles were posting about him and a new girl every week, and although it hurt, I was lucky to even be friends with them. They are making it big and doing what they love, I couldn't be any more lucky or proud of the best friends I had made in such a short amount of time. We talked every day seeing as Michael insisted on keeping the Group Message alive, and the day they announced it was the last day of the tour a few days ago made me jump around in my room like an idiot.

So here I am now, hoping and praying that all awkwardness would just get set aside for two minutes so that I can greet everyone properly and just be happy.

Mike; Hey beaches!!

Mike; Well just you Ember

Mike; And you're not a beach

Lucas; We're about to get off the plane!! :-)

Ember; OH MY GOD YAY IM SO EXCITED

Cal; To see me and me only, right?

Ember; No.

Mike; Lmaoo roasted

Lucas; That's not a roast Michael

Me; ^^

Cal; Okay shut up

Ashton; We're gonna take pictures with fans for about 5-10 minutes then we'll come to find you

Ember; Are you kidding me :-(

Lucas; I'll come to find you so won't be alone :-)

Ember; You'd do that :-)))

Lucas; Yes :-)))))))))))))

Mike; Wow and I thought Muke was real

Lucas; nope

Lucas; Plus, I wanna be the first one to tell her about the tour

Ember; Yaysies

Cal; Ew do not EVER say yaysies again

Ember; Grumpypants 🙄

Lucas; Ok I'm coming

I wait impatiently for a little bit longer waiting to see Luke's tall self somewhere in the crowd, checking my phone every so often for about three minutes when I feel a tap on my shoulder. I spin around quickly and smile.

"Luke! Oh my god, how was the tour? How are you? I missed you so much, I love you!" I say quickly as he brings me into a hug.

"Ember! Oh, my god, the tour was amazing. I'm okay, how are you? I missed you too, and I can't say I love you too or someone would get cranky with me but I love you too!" He says dramatically before pulling away and grabbing my head to lead me to everyone else.

"Who would get cranky?" I press, as I mumble excuse me's as I pass through people. Holding onto Luke's hand as if my life depended on it.

"Oh, Ashton. He sort of realized he has a crush on you too, on the way to our first tour stop to be exact. Don't tell him I told you though, he plans on telling you tonight. Spoiler alert, he's nervous and thinks that you gave up on him. To be fair though, you two avoided each other a ton on Facetime and in the Group Message." His words take me by surprise and I stop in the middle of the airport.