XXVII

*Nash's POV*
"Hey, Luke Ember wants to hang out. You know the drill." I sigh into Luke's voicemail. Yeah Ember is my best friend, but we are opposites. She likes getting serious, hanging out with friends, and having fun. I like hookups, only hanging out with the girl before I hookup with her, and having 'fun.' She of course doesn't know this, and she can't. She would hate me for so many reasons if she found out.. I groan in frustration and drop my phone into my bed. I pull at the ends of my hair and run to the kitchen. I've always had a small crush on Ember. Which is why I hate that she chooses Luke over me. I mean she has to like him.. She talks about him a lot, she talks about them all a lot! I am like almost exactly like Luke look wise. I have dirty blonde hair I put in a quiff, I am tallish! The only difference is I don't have musical talent or a lip ring. I wish I never asked them to do that.. A few minutes after I left the voicemail my phone starts ringing again. I quickly answer not bothering to check the caller ID.
"Hey mate." I say.
"Hey, sorry Ember is here. What's up?" It's Luke.
"Oh never mind, she said she was coming around mine. It's all good." I lie.
"Alright, well I gotta go. She won't stop hugging me." He laughs. Shortly after he hangs up. Why do I keep pushing her away if I like her!?
*Ember's POV*
I sit awkwardly at the table, Ashton would stare at me from the corner of his eye from time to time, Calum hasn't looked away from me, Luke won't stop smiling at me, and Michael won't even look at me.
"Okay, can someone please tell me what the fuck is going on?" I ask after a few minutes of silence.
"What do you mean?" Luke asks.
"I don't know," I exclaim. "Everything is awkward!"
"Well maybe if you didn't fucking kiss Ashton, we wouldn't be in this awkward situation." Michael utters.
"You told him!?" I yell. "It was a mistake! I don't go around telling everyone your mistakes!"
"Ber.." Calum says placing his hand on my shoulder.
"I'm sorry." I mumble slouching farther down into my chair.
"I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have told them." Ashton apologizes quietly.
"Michael.. I'm really sorry if I upset you." I say.
"Why didn't you tell us?" He asks.
"Why would I? It was a mistake and it wouldn't happen ever again. I know he's in a relationship, I just got caught up in the moment." I say to Michael who sighs.
"Wait you and Ash kissed?" Luke asks. We all laugh at his cluelessness and I nod. "Remember it was an accident though." I say.
"Ber, can we pwease talk?" Calum asks in a baby voice. I smile get nod, I get up and follow. "Yes?" I ask when we get to the kitchen.
"I need a hug." He sighs.
"Okay but, why did we have to come in here?"
"I just need a hug." He mumbles. I smile and he tackles me into a hug. I wrap my arms around his torso, and he wraps his arms around my waist.
"You smell good." I laugh.
"Well you smell like vanilla." He mumbles into my hair. I smile and bury my head into his chest. What? He's warm, smells good, and gives amazing hugs! Who would blame me? "Woah, what's going on in here?" We pull away and look at Michael who's leaning against the counter, smirking.
"Nothing, I just wanted a hug." Calum shrugs.
"Yeah. Plus he's warm and gives good hugs."
"Mhm. I won't tell anyone." He laughs.
"Ugh, we're just friends!" I pout.
"No way! You guys are always all over each other. Hugging, cuddling, everything!" He smiles.
"Michael, we are just friends! Even if I did like her, I can't do that. We leave for your in like a month!" He says.
"Wait you guys are only here for another month?" I ask.
"Oh you haven't told her?" Michael asks.
"No, that's what I was coming to tell you." He says quietly.
"Hey, I'm fine. I'm excited for you guys." I smile.
"Well we better get back. Luke wanted a hug too." Michael replies.
-----
I HAD WRITERS BLOCK IM SORRY!