45 | beautiful

"Momma," whispers Kristen, unable to believe her eyes. Her family has actually remembered her. They, like God has sent them, have finally come to visit her. Where have they been all these days, when she has been waiting for them?

"Sweetheart," sobs Jules. "We're so sorry!"

She is crying so hard, the father is holding her, afraid she might fall apart in pieces.

It is a very tough period for the family. They are losing their daughter by the minute. She is too weak to continue the fight.

A question arises in their minds. What if Kristen makes it? What if she can't and instead is was taken away from them? Her possible death is going to be too much.

How can they be so stupid? Caring, but stupid? Kristen is tied to feeding tubes, machines to keep her body working. There are doctors. She is a brave and strong girl. She is going to survive it. The question was how long is it going to take her to become the old Kristen?

Whatever happens, the family has to stick together, for the better or the worst.

"Daddy, where were you when I was crying last night?" , asks Kristen, sounding like a little child, needing her blanket and stuffed animal to sleep through the dark night.

Jules cries harder. The thought that they haven't been next to Kristen is breaking the whole Stewart household.

Dana can't hold it anymore. He gives his older sister the biggest hug he has ever given her.

"I just want my older sister back!" , he whimpers. He has been hurt the most.

Kristen, even if she wants to, can't hug back. Her body is aching. She, still, can barely move.

She can see the sadness in Taylor, eyes, asking himself why her. The disappointment, reading on Cameron's face.

The eldest son slams his fist on the table near Kristen's bed, making everyone turn to him. His face changes to angrier one. Is he mad at his sister? Or at his parents?

And he walks away. Just like that

"Cameron, wait! Stay!" , cries out the girl, but it's too late. Her brother has already left the hospital room.

He has gone in the hallway. He has been too ashamed to cry it out. His baby sister is hurting badly. The whole family is breaking.

What can be worse?