02 | beautiful

Through the whole day, eyes are burning holes in Kristen's shirt. The stares just won't stop.

Is it because of what has happened in P.E. class?

Have the witnesses told everyone already? It certainly seems so.

"You should have seen her legs!"

For the rest of the school day, Kristen mainly keeps to herself. She almost doesn't have friends. Only a girl from her lunch period - Suzie Riemer. And today, Suzie has preferred to sit with other friends.

I bet she's too ashamed to be seen with me, thinks Kristen, as she is sitting alone at lunch time, refusing to eat her homemade meal. She ends up throwing it away in the trash can on her way to class.

At home, Kristen eats very little and almost doesn't make eye contact with anybody and her family is wondering why.

"I'm fine, Mom, Dad," Kristen tries to lie; to hide what has really happened through the day.

She doesn't want her parents to worry about her. She's not a little girl that needs her family to hover over her all the time.

She's almost a teenager and she believes she should be treated like one.

What Kristen doesn't know is that her mother has sensed that something is not quite right with her only daughter.

Jules' maternal instincts have kicked in. She has to find out what is wrong with her daughter right now.