09 | beautiful

At home, the first thing Kristen does is to steal her mother's makeup and cover her bruised face. Because of her clumsiness, she ends up spilling some.

"Oh, great!", she grunts. How is she going to clean up the carpet?

Water and tissues is it.

She doesn't know how, but she has cleaned up the carpet. Hopefully, neither of her parents will notice the faded spot.

At dinner time no one is suspicious about Kristen wearing makeup. She has hidden some in her bedroom to apply on the next day.

But her mother begins to talk about a sensitive topic at the table.

"Kristen, you'll have to switch to homeschooling soon."

Jules has been mentioning several homeschooling options for the past few months. With Kristen's advancing career, school is becoming an obstacle. Her grades are suffering, despite her hard work. She almost has no friends. She has to bring homework on set and to multitask. It's tiring for her.

Jules and John haven't seen Kristen invite any of her friends since the school year has started and they're getting anxious, especially Jules, who desperately needs to catch up on her sleep.

Maybe homeschool is the best option for their daughter.

But Kristen doesn't want that. She wants to stay at school, finish it with excellent marks and hold a speech in the end of grade eight.

She wants to make memories, to appear in her classmates' yearbook, an inspiring message below her photo.

But you can't live two lives and succeed in both of them. Sometimes you have to sacrifice something to get something else.