04 | beautiful

The days are passing slowly. With each day, Kristen's sadness and frustration grow bigger and bigger and no one can quite comprehend what is wrong with her.

She refuses to speak to her parents. Her lies become more and more believable, so she thinks.

"I'm not that hungry."

"I have too much to study."

"I'm too tired."

Jules is tired of hearing excuses. She is planning to have a serious talk with her daughter.

Little does she know what Kristen is about to do.

After school, one day, sick of being hairy in places where she believes she shouldn't be, Kristen steals her mother's razor and after some research in books and online, she decides to finally grasp the basics of shaving.

"Apply the cream, wait a few minutes and then shave," she tells herself in the bathroom. She is sitting on a small chair in the bathtub, ready to begin shaving. The girl has made sure to lock the bathroom to prevent people walking on her.

It isn't long after when her youngest brother, Dana pounds loudly on the door. "Kristen! I need to use the toilet!"

Frustrated, she yells back. "Go away! I'm bathing myself!"

The little boy leaves her in peace, or so Kristen thinks. When her timer is done, she begins to shave.

She shaves and shaves . . . Soap and streaks of unwanted hair falling in the bathtub.

Until she stops. What she has seen shocks her.

 What she has seen shocks her

Her leg is bleeding.

The child stares at the formed blood. What is happening? Why is it there? Should it be there? In her books there hasn't been said anything about blood.

Kristen panics. What can she do? Shall she call her mother in to help? Or shall she just continue shaving as if nothing has happened?

In the end, she simply wipes the blood away with her soapy hand and goes on, until her legs are bald.

Satisfaction.