53 | beautiful

The Grand Day comes.

Kristen is officially 18.

No longer a child. But an adult.

When she wakes up, she feels no different from the previous day. And when she looks at the calendar on the wall, she sighs. "The 9th of April," she mutters, almost as if she wishes it isn't. Or at least to not be 18 years old already.

Kristen doesn't feel ready to grow up. Being 18 means that she will be able to drink alcohol almost everywhere, but this means more responsibilities too, such as paying her own bills and possibly living alone. She won't mind living alone. It will be better if Robert lives with her. But that is not possible, not yet.

On the set, she is surprised with a cake. And guess what is written on it?

CONGRATULATIONS, KRISTEN! NOW YOU CAN FILM THE NIGHT SCENES!

Everybody laugh hard at the joke. Even the birthday girl, who is excited to film her first night scene of the movie - Bella and Edward's first kiss.

The first kiss between the character is never as interesting as the one between the actors playing them. And the one between Robert and Kristen is something definitely deserved to be described in a novel.

Neither of them is sleepy after filming the scene, despite the late hours. So they take a little walk around the house in which the scene has been filmed. They're holding hands and talking about the movie, when out of sudden, Robert asks Kristen:

"What did you wish for?"

She chuckles and tries to tease him. If she tells him, she knows that he will make her real wish come true, but it's fun trying to make him wonder and ponder. "Ha-ha! I'm not telling you!"

He chuckles too and persuades her to tell him. "Come on, tell me."

She stops walking and turns to him, him doing the same. Now they're face to face and she can tell him.

"For you to kiss me," confesses she.

And that is when they share their first real kiss - the most unforgettable. They just put their lips together and kiss. No French kissing. No tongues fighting for dominance. She doesn't let him yet. Not during her first kiss. She wants it to be innocent. Like Hannah Baker's.

 Like Hannah Baker's