46 | beautiful

Outside Cameron Stewart is sitting on a bench, his face in his hands.

He's thinking about his younger sister, remembering when he has seen her for the first time. He has been four years old. Seeing a newborn baby has been interesting for him.

On the fireplace at home and in Cameron's bedroom, there's a photo of him holding Kristen for the very first time. He has laid on a bed, the newborn baby girl in his small embrace. He looks so proud to have a sister.

Through the years, Cameron has been not only Kristen's older brother

Through the years, Cameron has been not only Kristen's older brother. He has been her protector. Getting angry when she is bringing boys, even if they are just colleagues to rehearse scenes or the children from the neighborhood. He has vowed to keep his fragile little sister safe. After all these years, he still sees her as the newborn baby from the photo. He always bragged to the adults that he had a little sister, putting her on pedestal. He has always been the proudest of them all, when she has got her first movie parts, working with Jodie Foster and Donald Sutherland.

And now there she is - lying in the hospital, because of an eating disorder. Because she has thought she is not pretty enough. She is paying the price for wanting to be beautiful.

Because she doesn't see that. And sometimes she wishes people knew it.

The hallway's empty, besides Cameron. In the hospital room, the family and the patient are staying silent. There is nothing left. Just the sound of agonizing silence.