Dirty Dancing (Gajeel x Reader)

The music pulsated around the dimly lit club. It poured into the floors, making them shake with each beat. You could feel the bass in the bones, in your heart. The dance floor itself was crowded, filled with bodies swaying and moving with the music. Voices erupted from everywhere, it was almost impossible to hear yourself think. You stood in the corner with your few friends, shoulder-to-shoulder, every one of you having to shout to hear the other.

"Well I suggest we have another shot," Cana shouted over the music.  You and your friends all roll your eyes in tandem, not surprised with Cana's antics when it comes to alcohol.

"Of course, you would suggest that," you laughed in response. 

The four of you had agreed to go out for the night as a way to loosen up and relax before exam season at university. The idea was spearheaded by Cana, with Erza reluctantly agreeing to join the rest of you. Having all dressed up in Lucy's room, you all took a pre-club shot before heading out; a tradition in your little group. At the start of the night, the group had headed to a few different clubs, never staying for very long. Most were filled with creeps or people who you just didn't vibe with. The ridiculous drink prices also could be the blame for that, Cana complained that she should have just snuck a bottle in and hidden it down her shirt. After some time bouncing between different clubs, you had finally settled on the one you were in now.

"Is that a good idea?" Erza asked Cana. Erza was a bit unpredictable when it came to drinking and partying. It was easy to know what Cana would do, but Erza could go one of two ways, she could either get really in to the night and try to match Cana's drinking (which always ended badly for her) or she would be quite dubious about the night itself. Tonight, it seemed as if she was the latter.

"Of course it is!" Cana responded. "You need one too." There was no time for Erza to protest as Cana grabbed Erza's wrist and dragged her away. She called back to the rest of you as she left that they would be back soon.

"Can we go dance now?" Lucy asked with a hint of annoyance. With all the time club hopping, there wasn't much time to do her favourite activity. "I haven't had a chance to show off this cute new top yet." Lucy was running low on money, and yet she always seemed to have enough to buy new clothes for nights out. It was quite impressive and made you wonder about her priorities.

There was still a slight bit of your drink left in your glass. You didn't want to leave it unattended in a dark club, so you nodded briefly and quickly drank the rest of it. The now-empty glass was left on whatever ledge that you could find before you followed Lucy onto the dance floor.

It was worrying how quickly she slipped away from you, getting lost in the sea of people, but you were immediately reassured when you heard sounds of laughter coming from her. She had already gotten into a rhythm with some guy with orange hair and aviators. Soon enough, you were losing yourself to the music and the flow and sway of the others around you.

A cautionary hand on your hip, soft but rough, a question; do you want to dance? All the drinks throughout the night had led you to this moment, feeling loose and happy, you backed up into the stranger behind you; yes, you wanted to dance. Their other hand came to rest on your other hip, chest against your back. You could feel their shirt tickle your skin. The fabric sent shivers down your spine, but it was the stranger's breath on your neck that had your hair standing on edge.

You pushed your hips back and slowly moved them left to right as you felt their fingers slowly tighten around your hips. Time seemed to melt away as the two of you danced. Their hands left your hips and started to roam around your body. Up your arms, down your waist, around your behind. You invited it, let it happen. A lingering touch on your side, a brief squeeze on your behind. The attention felt good. You hadn't left the house with the intention of attracting attention, but it had found its way to you anyway. It makes you tingle with headiness, neediness.

The stranger pressed into you, inviting you to feel what had grown from the dancing and grinding. Heat flushed in your cheeks as the stranger bent down, mouth close to your ears. He whispered slowly, "should we go somewhere else?" His voice was gruff, deep; you could feel every syllable rumble in his chest.

 Breath hitched in your throat as you went to reply. You gulped and slowly nodded, back still pressed into him. He grabbed your hand, fingers laced with yours, and led you away from the dancefloor and towards the exit. 

As you exited into the night, you turned and could finally see who you had been dancing with. He was tall and ruggedly handsome. There were multiple silver piercings on his face, two in his eyebrow, two in his nose, and a ring in his lip to the left. You wondered where else he was pierced. He looked slightly familiar, perhaps you had seen him around on campus before? You didn't get a chance to ask as you were suddenly pressed up against a wall. The cold night air tickled your exposed skin, but the goosebumps that appeared were caused by him.

His lips pressed onto yours, rather roughly at first but then the kiss softened. A hand cupped your face, one behind your head. An open-mouthed kiss, breath mingling together — you could taste alcohol, punch, mint and metal. His tongue, warm and wet, teased yours. He pulled back shortly, but not before giving your bottom lip a gentle tug. You smirked at each other.

"Is this your idea of somewhere else?" You goaded, glancing up at him through hooded eyelashes, arms still propped up over his broad shoulders.

"I just needed a taste first," he responded. "We can try public if you want, but I have a perfectly good bed back at home." At the sight of your blushing cheeks, he let out a small laugh and took your hand again, leading you away from the club.