My Snowflake (Gray x Reader)

Requested/Ideas by: ererixshipper469 

"Hey, Snowflake!" Gray called, stopping you so that he could catch up with you. 

"If you keep calling me Snowflake, I want to know why," you sighed, continuing to jog at a steady pace. 

"There's no need to," he grinned running ahead of you. 

"Hey!" You shouted back at him. There was no way that he was going to slow you down so he could overtake you. He couldn't stop you from getting to that Wyvern Scale before him. 

You started to speed up but then quickly got a stitch. Groaning out of your own stupidity, you slowed down and started to walk. The other members slowly ran past you. Juvia included, trying to catch up with Gray. 

The sun had already set by the time you collected your scale. You had conserved energy and was now ready to run back. Even if you didn't come first like you had hoped, you now wished to at least finish - and finish before last place. 

Finally, you crossed the line panting for breath with the scale in your hand and leaning on your knees. The chatter in the background was a blur as you caught your breath.

"I'll have them all over my ceiling," you heard Juvia say.

Senses rushing back to you, you looked around. You had to stifle a laugh when you saw Gray get caught by Makarov. When did you pass him? 

Your eyes locked together and he mouthed some words to you: help me, Snowflake.

You turned your head away. You wouldn't help him if he didn't call you by your real name. Then you started to think. There wasn't one time that he had spoken to you where he didn't call you Snowflake - ever since you met. You always wanted to know why he called you that.

You started to think again. What was he asking help from - Juvia or Makarov? Juvia had a tendency to stick a little too close to Gray but then Makarov could be terrifying if he really wanted to. Maybe it was both?

"Juvia loves Gray!" She exclaimed, referring to herself in third person again. Then a dark look crossed her face as she glanced at you, "I only wish Gray would feel the same." 

Deep in thought, once again, Gray took Juvia to the side after being able to slip away from Makarov for a second. You came back again as you caught the last of their conversation, "I'm sorry, Juvia. Just know that all snow is unique, and so are people," Gray said as a small smile crossed Juvia's face, "but no one can match Y/N." 

They both looked at you. Then Gray started to walk towards you, "so, Y/N. Will you be my Snowflake?" 

It clicked. That was why he called you that...ever since you met. Has he felt this way all this time?

His hands held yours and they pulled you in as you nodded due to a loss of words.