Too Late (Rogue x Evil!Reader)

Ideas/Requested by: Mad-i-sonFUN

"No, this isn't you. This isn't the Y/N I fell in love with," Rogue cried.

"Rogue," I smiled sweetly in that fake voice I had used on him for ages. I bent down low so our faces were practically touching. My eyes darkened and the smile dropped from my face.

My voice deepened as I dragged out my next sentence, "there is no need for you anymore."

"Y/N don't do this!" He begged.

"Too late."

Rogue was just a stepping stone to getting to what I really wanted. He had been a fool to trust me - his friends knew better. It's time you learnt, Rogue, that life isn't always fair. 

It all started on a warm summer's day. The wind took away the harshness of the sun blaring down on me. I stared up at the Sabertooth Guild hall and hoped that they would accept me. I was doing something you see, and this was the final piece of the puzzle. 

Timidly, I opened the doors and stepped in, footsteps seeming ten times louder as everyone turned to stare at me. A few people turned their heads back down and continued to do whatever they were doing before I arrived. I felt the other's judgmental stares. I clenched my fists. Be calm Y/N. Don't mess this up.

Something broke the silence. A chair scraping of the wooden floor as someone stood up to approach me. A dark blue flower was placed in her soft, delicate white hair. Her chestnut eyes were warm and welcoming. They really shouldn't be... She wore some kind of white dress that was perfect for summer.

"Hi," she smiled, "my name is Yukino. You looking to join?" 

I was screaming inside but I kept up that smile and nodded slowly, and sweetly. If anyone back home found out that I had been branded by Sabertooth...I'd never hear the end of it.

"Yeah, I'd love to join!"

She giggled and led me over to a table. Around this table were two mages, one with black hair and blood red eyes, and another with shining blond hair. I spotted two cats lounging around the mages. They both spotted me and started to glare.

"Sting," Yukino addressed the blond one, "this is..." she stopped and looked at me for help. 

I broke my gaze away from the cats and put on a smile, "Y/N." 

"This is Y/N," Yukino continued, "they would like to join." 

Yukino and Sting continued to talk about me while I looked around, not really paying attention to what they were saying. Then, I felt a pair of eyes land on me. I turned my head to reflect their stare. Red eyes. It was as if they were searching for something but couldn't find anything. They looked me up and down and then gave a small smile. I didn't return this smile. 

"Rogue?" Sting asked. 

He shook his head and turned to face the blond, "what?" 

"Should we let them join?" 

He looked at me once more. This time I smiled. He then nodded at Sting. 

"Welcome to the family!" Sting said. 

Yukino then sat back down at her place and I sat next to Rogue. I was in, now I just had to get the information that I needed.