I Want Pink Hair Too! (Modern AU) (Natsu x Parent!Reader)

Ideas/Requested by: TurtleLover618

"What's got Natsu all worked up?" Gray mumbled to Lucy. 

They were both watching Natsu as he stared at his phone intently, waiting for something to happen. 

"He's got a date tonight, I think," Lucy whispered back. 

"He got a date?!" Gray gasped, "that's new." 

"I still have no idea how he did it," Lucy said. 

"Hey Natsu!" You waved as you watched him walk into the cafe. Riley had her arms wrapped around you, as if scared of the man who was approaching but she relaxed suddenly.

Natsu grinned and waved back as he slid into the seat opposite you. When he saw Riley, his eyes widened and he leaned forward. 

"And who's this?" He asked. 

You sighed, "I'm really sorry. I tried to get some care for her so we could do this but I couldn't get anyone. I'm really sorry I didn't tell you." 

Natsu shook his head, "it's fine, I don't mind!" 

Riley had just stared at Natsu whenever she was spoken to. She was shy but you had no idea why she didn't like Natsu so much. In the end, you let her do her thing while you chatted happily away to Natsu. 

At the end of the date you both stood up and Natsu placed a quick kiss on your cheek. He waved at Riley but she just buried her head into your side. She was making whimpering noises and it sounded as if she were crying. Were you hearing that right?

"Riley," you sighed, "what's the matter?" 

"He'll take you away from me," she cried when you finally got her to talk. 

You wiped her tears away and poked her nose, making her giggle. As you hugged her, she stared up at Natsu. 

He smiled brightly at her, "I won't take Y/N away from you." 

"And," Riley said, making you pull back to look at her, "I want pink hair like him." 

This sent Natsu into fits of laughter while you looked at Riley sternly. She wasn't dyeing her hair at this young age. You were about to say something when Natsu swooped in and picked her up, tickling her as he lifted her up. She started to giggle and you smiled, knowing that they would get on just fine. 

You felt someone poke you on the shoulder and you turned around to see someone smile at you as they said, "you have a lovely family. You should be proud."