Interrogation (Modern(ish) AU) (Edo-Gajeel x Reader)

Drabble!

A steel table was in front of you, nothing was set atop it. You were sat on a cold, metal chair, hands folded in your lap, legs tucked under the table. The small room was dark apart from the dim glow of the single light that hung above you.

You didn't remember how you got into the room, all you remembered was walking home down a dark street when you were knocked out. The situation didn't alarm you, you had found yourself in much worse situations.

The clang of the door signaled to you that it was opening. You lifted your head and focused your eyes on the figure that entered. They were tall, broad shoulders and muscular. They threw some files onto the table, they skidded across the metal and came to a halt in front of you. The man smashed his hands down on the table and leaned forward. Now you could get a better look at him; he had un-natural red eyes. Under his hat, you could see black hair. He had no eyebrows, but that was covered by the hat.

He pulled the files towards him and with one hand, flicked through them. He took out small photographs from different pages and set them on the table. He turned them back to you. Some photos were in black and white, others were more modern but were very different from the current time period.

"These photos," he began in a deep voice, "are all from various pictures in history."

You glanced down at the photos. There was a red circle drawn around something in all of them.

"You," he continued, leaning closer, "are in every single one of them. Care to tell me how?"

You smirked as your eyes dragged over the photos, "photoshop is a thing. Some people are very talented with it."

He leaned back and crossed his arms, "these are all genuine photographs. Tell me who you are."

You raised your head to stare him in the eyes, "well then, Gajeel," his eyes widened at the mention of his name, you then continued, "if you insist, I guess I have to tell you the truth."