Thoughts (Soulmate AU) (Gray x Reader)

You were in a sticky situation. And you were alone. 

There was a job request on the board for some good money so you decided to take it. You would be back in a day or two and then you could see Gray again. 

No.

You were trapped and there was no way that you could get out. The job that you took was more difficult than you thought and you had no idea that a dark guild would be mixed up in all of it. 

As you sat in the corner of your dingy little cell, your mind drifted back to Gray. Before you even met each other in person, you had talked to each other through thoughts. When you eventually joined the guild to be with Gray, Makarov had told you that it was something that two people with a very strong connection can do. At first, you didn't believe it, you didn't think that could actually be possible. But then, you grew to understand it. Soulmates were rare and only a few pairs appeared during a century, it could be possible that you and Gray were a pair. 

Over the years that you had been at the guild, you never talked to Gray the way that you used too since you were always with each other. But maybe it was time to give it a go. The cell bound your magic so you couldn't escape that way, but this wasn't entirely magic...

'Gray... Hey, Gray!'  You hoped that it worked. You sat silently with your eyes closed and your head resting on your knees.

'What?'  There he was! His voice was groggy, as if he had just woken up. What time was it? Did you wake him up?

'Uh...hey. I...uh...I need some help,' you admitted shyly. You bit your lip and waited for a response. 

'What have you done? Where are you?' He questioned you, worry coming into his voice as he started to wake up. 

'I took this job...' you started.

'Alone?! Is that where you were today?' He shouted. You flinched at the sudden ringing in your head. 

'I thought it would be quick and easy,' you replied. 

There was a pause, 'where are you?'

You told him where you were and then waited. You were relieved that it still worked, you were half expecting to lose it when you finally met each other. You couldn't help thinking of when you finally met each other. You didn't realise that you were smiling like an idiot to yourself. It would look odd, especially being trapped in a cell with no way out.

You must have fallen asleep at some point because you jolted awake to the sound of crashing and shouting just outside of your cell. You stumbled over to the door and tried to peek out the bars. You could see nothing in front of the cell but to the left you could see the members of the dark guild sprawled out on the floor. 

"Y/N!" You heard Gray yell. 

He ran towards you and unlocked the door to the cell, "we need to go together next time," he mumbled. 

You pushed the door aside and wrapped your arms around him. You nodded into his chest. "I didn't actually think that would work." 

"I never really thought about it after you joined," he said. "let's go back." 

You nodded once again as your fingers linked together and you went back home. You were thankful for the connection you two had, if it wasn't for the connection, you would still be trapped. 

--I don't know if this one is all that good so I will be editing this one sometime in the future when I go back and edit it all--