Car Karaoke (Modern AU) (Gray x Reader)

Ideas/Requested by: KatelynReads

--To all of you who really wanted the Erza x Child!Reader thing - the first two chapters are up so go check it out--

--And I'm writing a new story with MiraculousFairy and it's published on her account so go and check it out!!--

"Y/N," Gray said, grabbing your attention.

"Yeah?"

"Put on some music," he said, "this is going to be a long ride and I can't stand the quiet." 

You were currently in the car, driving to go and visit some friends. The journey would take at least a few hours and Gray was right, quiet car rides were boring ones. You plugged your phone in and opened up your music. Now you could either go one of two ways here: play the music that you would listen to on a daily basis...or you could play songs from musicals. 

A few minutes later and you and Gray were already singing at the top of your lungs. 

"I've got chills, they're multiplying! And I'm loosing control, 'cause the power you're supplying...it's electrifying!"Gray sang. You couldn't help but giggle at the way that he did it, after he was done, he looked over at you. 

"You'd better shape up, 'cause I need a man. And my heart is set on you! You'd better shape up, you'd better understand! To my heart I must be true!" You sang back. Gray was grinning at your actions that went along with the singing. 

And then you both burst into a duet: "You're the one that I want! You are the one I want, ooh honey!

The drive had gone on for some time with you two singing duets and having fun. You had lost count of the times that you had laughed at Gray's singing. And then, just as the journey was coming to a close:

"We're breaking free!" Gray shouted.

"Soaring!" You joined in, matching his energy.

"Flying!"

"There's not a star in Heaven that we can't reach," you sang together, trying hard to keep your laughs at bay, "if we're trying! Yeah we're breaking free!"

You were having so much fun that you didn't realize that the car had stopped. There was a tapping on your window and you turned to see a confused Lucy and a grinning Natsu. 

"You guys having fun?" Natsu laughed.