How Long? (Sting x Fiance!Reader)

Ideas/Requested by: TurtleLover618

--A lot of you want me to do an actual story for the Erza x Child!Reader one. Should I? Or nah?--

It was a long day at the guild and now you were just lounging about at home, waiting for Sting to get back. 

You had a house together, deciding that it would be easier to pay rent together rather than alone. It worked out well for you and Lector loved you both. Right now, Lector was spread out across your stomach, nearly falling asleep. You found him really cute like this, he wasn't acting tough at all. 

Usually, you and Sting left the guild together but tonight he said that he needed to stay behind. You understood, being a guild master had more responsibilities than the average member. Lector went back with now and now the two of you were staying up, waiting for Sting to get back. 

There was a soft thump as Sting closed the door behind him, he didn't want to disturb the two of you. 

You were already starting to sit up and Lector's ears had pricked up at the sound of the door. Sting shuffled in, surprise passed his face when he saw the two of you awake. 

"Y/N, why are you still awake?" 

"We were waiting up for you," Lector said, rubbing his eyes. 

Sting gave a small nod. Something was wrong with him. His eyes seemed more dull than usual and he wasn't holding himself like he would normally. 

"What's wrong?" You asked.

He turned his head up to yours and your eyes met. But he quickly shifted his head, avoiding your gaze before mumbling, "nothing." 

"Sting," you scolded, "it's written all over you. I know you better than anyone else. Tell me what's wrong." 

A small sigh left his lips, "yeah, I guess you do." 

Lector shifted uncomfortably on his feet before running off to his bed. He had no intention of getting caught up in whatever was going to happen. 

Sting sat next to you on the sofa, you moved your legs to give him more space. He hand his hands in his lap, and he twiddled his fingers, something he did when he was nervous. Never once did his head turn to you. 

"How long have we known each other?" He asked. 

"About five years, I think," you mumbled, "why?" 

"And how long have we been living together?" 

"About three," you answered, "where are you going with this?" 

"And how long have I loved you?" He mumbled. 

You couldn't answer this question for a few reasons. For one, you were too shocked to even speak! And you had no idea that he even felt that way. 

"About four," he answered for you. 

He took a deep breath before shuffling himself onto the floor, in front of you. Now you could see the red hue that tainted his cheeks. He took your hands in his. 

"So, Y/N, this is sudden. So sudden. But...will you marry me?"