Too Late (Rogue x Evil!Reader) (Pt 3)

Ideas/Requested by: Mad-i-sonFUN 

"I'm leaving, Rogue," I stated, not even turning around to face him. My bag was clutched in my hand and I was only a few steps away from the door. 

"Why?" He whispered, he was getting closer to me. His sleepy footsteps were heard as he shuffled over to me on the carpet. 

I turned around sharply to see his startled face, "I don't belong here."

His face sank, "but you do. We need you here." 

I pushed him back and he fell onto the floor. He curled up and crawled ever so slowly away from me. 

"No, Rogue," I spat, "I don't belong here. I never have. I was just here to plot your downfall."

"No, this isn't you. This isn't the Y/N I fell in love with," Rogue cried.

"Rogue," I smiled sweetly in that fake voice I had used on him for ages. I bent down low so our faces were practically touching. My eyes darkened and the smile dropped from my face.

My voice deepened as I dragged out my next sentence, "there is no need for you anymore."

"Y/N don't do this!" He begged.

"Too late."

I had my magic at the ready in my hands, ready to do anything to get away. I was going home tonight and nothing would stop me.

Dragging it out, I leaned in, closer and closer. Just as our noses touched, Rogue's scared expression dropped. It was replaced with a dark one, an equally dark one to mine. 

He grabbed me wrist and pushed me back, I couldn't react in time. He stood up and he stepped closer. My hands were forced behind my back and now I started to panic. 

"You thought I didn't know?" He asked, "Y/N, nothing can get past me." 

I just glared at him. How did I not figure this out? 

His eyes saddened and his grip loosened, "I actually wanted this to work. As stupid as it sounds, I actually liked you. But it can't work, we work against each other." 

As the door bursts open, he places a slow kiss of my forehead, leaving my stunned as I get handcuffed by the team that was sent out to catch me. As I get pulled away from him, he gives out a small wave, mocking me. But behind his eyes, I can see sadness. I send him one last glare as I disappear out the door.