A Siren's Call (Siren!Juvia x Reader)

--I was going to do this for a Gruvia fic but then I was like 'hmmmm, maybe I could make a oneshot for this instead' and so I did. That's how I work - clearly--

It pierced through the night silence like a knife. 

Her call. 

It reached through the ship, waking everyone as it went. Everyone ignored it - they were used to it. But this was new for you, and it was also beautiful. You had heard the stories of the Siren's before, how they were gorgeous but also dangerous. They could lure anyone to a grave in the watery depths of the sea. 

Stumbling out of your cabin, you grabbed the side of the wooden ship. There was no clear horizon - the sea and the sky seemed to merge together - so it was hard to know where to look. A voice called out to you, guiding you, "Y/N." It was airy and smooth, soft and quiet - it was perfect. Instantly you knew where to look. 

A pair of dark blue eyes became visible through the murk of the night and you gazed deeply into them. They had no end, so vast and big, you could lose yourself in them. The more you gazed longingly at her, the more she became clear. She had wavy, blue hair that tumbled down her shoulders. You had no time to question how it was so perfect since Sirens lived in the sea. Her small mouth was curved up into a sexy smirk and soon enough you felt yourself smiling. 

You saw she had scales on a tail instead of legs. The scales were purple and red and you knew that if the sun hit them, they would shine like they were on fire. A few stray scales crept up her stomach. 

You felt your arm reach out towards her, you wanted to be with her. She moved forward towards you, her smirk widening but then you felt something yank you back. Her smirk fell and was replaced with sad eyes and a panicked face. You reflected her emotions, you needed to comfort her. 

"Y/N! Stop! It's a Siren!" You felt a shipmate shout in your ear. It felt so distant and fuzzy, all you could focus on was her. 

All you could see were her contorting emotions as her sad face turned into one of anger. You felt the hands of your shipmates leave you so you could finally be with her. You loved her - they just couldn't see it. 

You could hear their footsteps back away on the boat as you shuffled forward. Her smirk returned as you neared the edge of the boat. Then her smirk widened, showing off a glimmering set of sharp teeth as you tumbled off the side. 

There was a loud splash as you fell into the salty water. Then you heard her lovely singing as you drifted into what seemed like a deep sleep...