Ch 4~ Uncertain

I'm suddenly awoken out of my deep sleep by a hand pulling on my arm, almost feeling like they were trying to take it for themselves.

-"Harleen wake up now! Are you out of your mind?!"

What was this person even talking about?

As I groggily open my eyes I see a tall figure, hanging upside down. Upside down? Wait...

As I focus in on the figure I see its the bug eyed lady with her glasses sitting on the tip of her nose.

-"Well to answer your question lady, yes I am out of my mind.. Thought you already knew that," I say matter-of-factly.

As I look up I notice my feet wrapped tightly around my swing. They looked slightly purple and felt like little needles were repeatedly poking them.

-"What happened?" I manage to get out, not even meaning to say it out loud.

Before she could even say anything I start unraveling my feet, and to not my surprise, bug eyed lady didn't even try to help. As I get the one last loop around my left foot loose, I drop head first onto the floor.

Ow.

I must've fallen asleep up there last night.

As I'm rubbing my head I feel her hand wrap around my upper arm.

-"Were you trying to escape?!" She exclaims, staring at me with disgust. "Do you know how much of a punishment I have planned for you?!"

-"First of all misses, I would be dumb to try to
escape since my Puddin is coming to get me anyways."

For the first time since I've been here I didn't 100% believe that.

What is taking him so long? It's been 3 days.. He should be here by now....

I must've spaced out because I then felt another sharp tug on my arm.

-"Then what were you possibly doing hanging from the ceiling?!"

Omg. Her voice has to be the cringiest thing ever. It actually sounds like my 11th grade Psychology teacher Mrs. Hendricks, that lady could put me to sleep with just a "good morning."

-"Calm down, you get worked up over nothing lady. I just decided to make my own swing, it's about the only okay thing about this dreadful place." I murmur as I look around at the dark walls.

-"A swing? This isn't a playground Harleen, this is prison."

Yanking me out of the cage, she starts pulling me through the doors towards her room.
I hated that room so much. Nothing ever went good in there.

When I'm in there I feel like a pinned down animal for everyone to poke at. They always tell me they're trying to fix me but I don't need fixin' they do!

They live only to abide by made up rules, never taking risks.. Or even never feeling an ounce of rush. God, I'm so addicted to the rush Mr J gives me. When he touches me, I feel like my body is going to collapse right in front of him.

My all time favorite thing about him though, is he always knows what to say, and always at the right time. Just a simple word that escapes from his lips sends shivers down my spine. I've always wished I could make him feel even half the way he makes me feel.

I'm always so afraid I'm going to lose him that I'll do anything to make him want me even the slightest bit.

But I'm growing so very tired. He gives me such a high but he can also push me down to my lowest-

Before I could get to my next thought, I feel a crushing pain to my right temple.

The shot. Again.

-"Listen lady, stop trying to cure me. You can't. This has always been me since the beginning I just learnt to deny it." I cry out, squeezing my eyes close, ready for the severe headache to hit me all at once.

-"I'm here baby." The first second I heard the voice I've been yearning for, I shot my eyes open.

-"PUDDIN!" I exclaim, feeling a huge grin play across my face.

As I look up I see his beautiful pale face and that bright hair. He looks so good, but I feel so uneasy for some reason.

And I know why..

This brings back the memory of when he shocked my brain to pieces.

-"Don't worry sweets, I'm here to save you from this immensely dull place." He growls in disgust as he looks at the predicament I'm in.

-"They have you tied down like a lab rat. They
should know I'm the only allowed to do that." He laughs, playfully untying my arms.

-"But don't worry they paid for it." Taking my chin in his hand he tilts my head to the floor. Right before me, I see bug eyed lady drowning in her own blood.

Old me would've probably threw up but I'm used to it. Lives coming in and out my life is a normal thing, but Mr J will always be there.

At least I hope he will be.

•She's starting to have her doubts, so that medicine must be working.. Or is it just her having time to sort out her thoughts or what she likes to call them, voices?... Your decision(;