Ch 38~ Purpose

Harley's POV:

My entire body was frozen as I sat upon the icy cold metal floors of my glass walled room. My heart was heavy, and I felt like every aspect of who I was was stolen from me.

I could see the white lab coats ushering by on the other side of the glass in a dull blur. I couldn't help but feel like I was J in this moment, looking out upon the clueless people, always trying to "fix" their patients. And once I was them, but since all of this shock therapy, I could hardly remember my time as a psychologist here in Arkham.

Suddenly a overwhelming pinching was felt in my temples as I grasped onto my head in a wincing matter. This happens pretty much every ten minutes, but somehow I still wasn't used to the pain.

The night was growing darker as I watched the numbers of workers lessen. They always kept some sort of staff here, just to make sure we don't try to escape.. sadly.

But at this moment, my body was too tired to even try anything. I just leaned against the wall as I looked out upon the tiny window at the very top of the wall. It wasn't big enough to get through, but I could still look upon the sky.

My eyes grew teary as I gazed at the countless stars, wondering if he was up there. Looking down, I wiped a salted tear from my cheek. Glancing back up, I saw a greenish star. I don't know if I was honestly hallucinating or it was real, but my heart jolted at the sight of it.

My brain was working a mile a minute at this moment, and I felt this urgent role that J had. He had built such a large empire all on his own, and it doesn't deserve to be forgotten or taken over by someone not worthy.

Getting up, I stumped over to the glass separating me from escape. Taking my fingernails, I scraped against them, causing a piercing sound. Giggles escaped maniacally as I waited for someone to come.

Pressing my lips up to the glass, I whispered

-"You thought you could get rid of the Joker, but you're not even close. Because he lives through me now, and I will rain havoc on all that showed him wrong."

The growing tension pierced through every ounce of my body, and suddenly I felt purpose. And once again, he was my purpose.

~

That is the end my loves. I made this a short chapter because I felt last chapter sort of served as the end. But I wanted to show that Harley did have hope on continuing a life. But it's up to you to figure out if she does escape(; It was such an honor writing this story for you guys! Thanks for all the support, and I hope you enjoyed it. I may start a new book in the future, but I doubt it will be Joker and Harley related. It will have self made characters (: