Ch 31~ Nothings Promised

The water still engulfed my body as I watched as my fingers began to prune. My thoughts were running high as I thought of pretty much everything.

I have no life without him. No promised future besides being locked away in an asylum again. And there was no way in hell I was ever going back to that place again.

He gave me everything but left me with nothing.

As I lowered my head below the bath water the image of J's face as he left me behind with Penguin replayed in my head like a broken disk. He looked at me as if I was a mistake that he never wished to make again.

In my mind I tried to run after him, to hold on to dear life as he walked away, but each time he got more and more far away from me.

Darkness was fast behind me and before I knew it, it engulfed my lungs just like the water did.. until pure and utter blackness flashed before me.

~

Jokers POV:

As I looked down at the crashing water below me, I could sense a dark figure hovering over my head.

Peering up, there I saw my long lost friend, Batman. He was standing on a semi truck, looking as dumb as ever.

Even at my lowest, Batman always got a good laugh out of me from his utter awkwardness.

-"I don't know why you feel the need to stand on things, just stand on the ground like a normal person." I cackled, as I looked at him with devious eyes.

-"Why are you here Joker?" He demanded, totally ignoring my suggestion.

Getting out of my car, I walked over to the parked semi as I heard the driver cursing in anger from me holding up traffic.

A wide grin on my face made itself known as I quickly whipped out my gun and put a bullet right between his eyes.

As soon as the echoing sound of the gun went off, down Batman went with a simple motion.

-"Hah! I knew that'd get you to come down!" I taunted, pointing my gun now at his chest.

He said nothing, but only let out an annoyed groan.

-"Oh c'mon! Look at the bright side! Now we can talk like men.. face to face." I sinisterly smiled, but even this moment couldn't keep her from my mind.

-"Enough with the jokes, what are you doing in the middle of a bridge?" He sternly spoke, pure confusion hardening on his face.

-"Looking for Poison Ivy, what does it look like im doing?!" I questioned.

This threw him for a whirl, but of course he had something to say.

-"Well you're not going to find her here. You're actually going the complete opposite way from her."

Lowering my gun, I rubbed the end of the barrel against my temple. A headache arising from this confusing situation.

-"How do you know where she is?" I hissed, now pointing the gun back at him.

Waiting for his reply felt never ending so I decided to play aiming practice if he didn't hurry.

-"Tell me. Or this bullet will go all the way through that mask of yours and into your brain." I growled, jolting towards him.

-"Why do you need to see her?" He questioned, peering at me.

-"All those questions are gonna get you hurt Batman. But I'll let you slide.. see I need to preferably end her. She's a nuisance who is only bad for Gotham. Look at it as a favor, I'm getting rid of someone you've been dying to kill." I grin, circling around him like a mountain lion about to jump onto his prey with razor claws.

I stopped as I saw his mouth about to say something, and what I heard made me smile even wider.

-"She's at Penguins."

~

Harley's POV:

My eyes began to become clearer as visions of red and green played before me.

-"Harley wake up! What on earth have you done?!"

The voice was familiar but my mind still felt like it was underwater. My chest burned but somehow it relaxed me. It was the same feeling I had when I jumped into the chemicals for J.

Rolling over, I coughed up heaps of water as I finally could make out who it was.

It was Red.

Hurling up towards her, I wrapped her in a hug, my vision still dizzy.

-"What are you doing here?!" I streaked, pushing her away from my embrace as I gleamed at the sight of her face.

-"The more important question Harley, is why were you trying to drown yourself?!" She shrieked, her lips flattened in a straight line.

Memories started racing back, and all the depressing feelings rushed over me once again.

-"I.. I don't feel like talking about it right now." I frowned, wiping my wet hair from my eyes.

Pure concern etched onto her face as she looked at me, searching for any reason I would've done this, and then she found it.

Rage engulfed her eyes as she looked beyond me and out of the window. Two beaming lights circled into the drive way at a super fast speed.

I was in pure shock when I realized who it was.

-"Joker."

We both spoke, as we watched him slam the car door behind him.

*Enjoy❤️