Ch 17~ It's On You

I could've stayed in his arms forever, but a sharp ring of the phone quickly unraveled his grasp tightly around me. A pout made its way onto my lips, wanting nothing more than just his touch again.

As he sauntered into the office, I traveled behind from afar. Leaning in against the door, I could hear the occasional "how could you be so stupid" and "this is going to cost you" with a long growl played after it.

Intimidation was Mr J's secret weapon to get his henchman to do whatever he wants... and well the piles of money work in his favor too. I don't know if its even worth it though. Sometimes all it takes is one mess up and J puts a bullet in their skull. I have to admit though, it is quite funny, the way they tremble and plead before him.

Puddin has everyone wrapped around his fingers, including me.

Suddenly I feel him shove open the door and push past me, his hands pulling at his hair. Oh no... That's not a good sign...

-"One of my men ratted me out. I will find that bastard, and he will pay like never before." He hissed, while impacting his fist through the wall several times. I watched in dismay, careful not to say anything to worsen his current mood.

-"Now supposably Batman has found my stash! Thats over two million fucking dollars we are putting on the line."

He was now pacing back and forth as his hand leaked blood all down the side of his pants, but paid it no mind. The enragement he felt was clouding all the rest of his senses, including pain.

-"Who's he workin for?" I questioned, trying to be as concerned as possible so he wouldn't get angry at me.

-"Supposably Arkham Police Department cut him a deal. He got caught robbing a bank in the city, and they bribed him to sell me out so he wouldn't face no time. Isn't that a load of bullshit. When I find him I'm going to cut his fucking tongue out and glue it to his forehead." He spat, while a large echo of laughs vibrated from his chest imagining what'd that look like.

I couldn't help but fill the air with giggles too, he's so infectious with everything he does.

When I looked up though, he was standing right in front of me staring at the large bruise on my side.

-"Who the hell did this to you?" He groaned, brushing his fingers over it, which caused me to wince a little.

-"N-no one did that to me Puddin, I just bumped into the counter earlier.. T-trying to put out the fire." I stumbled over my words as I saw the wild look in his eyes, the anger still clouding his judgement. How does he think I could ever even do that?

-"Bull shit, have you been seeing someone else?" He snarled, looking deep into my gaze.

Those words sent jolts of heartache in my chest as I quickly responded,

-"No-"

Before I could finish, a jolt of pain was felt thrashing into my face. As, I cautiously looked back up to him from the cold floor, I could see the rage growing bigger like a wild fire.

-"P-puddin stop, you know I wouldn't do that... You are my only-"

A kick to my stomach shut me up quick. A cry of pain escaped my lips as I held onto the now bruised side. I laid on the floor, still trying to gather what happened in that split thirty seconds.

~

Jokers POV:

That fucking bitch, how could she betray someone that treats her like a damn queen. All that obsession she shows is a mask to hide what she's been up to. This is all the more reason I can only worry about myself, because no one else fucking does apparently.

Looking down at her in agony, trickled jolts of pain down my body but I shoved them aside. The irritation inside of me igniting flames in front of my eyes. She's on fire and I was liking it. She deserves it.

You know what? If she wants to let someone inside of her and give her bruises like that, I'll do the same and give that minx bigger ones. Since thats obviously what she likes.

I quickly picked her up while throwing her over my shoulder, I could hear her small voice squeaking out "Puddin what are you doing" and "Puddin where are you taking me?"

Puddin,

Puddin,

Puddin,

God I hate that name she calls me. It just enraged me even more.

Once I reached the room I hastily dropped her to the floor before pinning her arms and legs onto the floor with mine. Her eyes were untamed, and clearly petrified and thats exactly what I want them to be.

-"Daddy's about to teach you a hard lesson." I hissed, gritting my teeth.

Once I looked down again, I saw a small smirk across her face. Why the hell is she smiling?!

-"Wipe that stupid grin off your face." I demanded, whilst muffling her lips under my hand.

I could hear her mumbling something so I forcefully uncover her mouth,

-"What the hell did you just say Harleen." I hiss, my jaw feeling like it was going to explode from the pressure of me clenching it. Curiosity started to take over, but the displeasure still had control of my mind.

-"I said, teach me then." She giggled, biting her lip as she looked at my confused face.

Why isn't she afraid?

~

* In this chapter I just wanted to show how the Joker usually takes his anger out on her and makes things up to give him a reason to. Hope y'all enjoy (: