Ch 30~ Left for Dead

I glanced over to see pure rage taking over J's body, his hand gripping tighter on the gun pointed at Penguins face. The fragile man before us showed no sign of fear, instead, a large smile was plastered on his face.

-"I'm sure your girl Harley would love to be the one to go find her for you." He chuckled, waving his glare over to me, watching as hope flushed back into my body.

But it all began to disappear as I looked back over to Puddin, his lethal eyes burning into mine.

-"Lock her up. I'm gonna be the one to find this thief." J snapped, reverting his glance back to Penguin.

My heart sunk to my stomach when I heard what he said, but outrage seeped through my body faster than a wildfire.

-"HOW DARE YO-" I screamed, but was cut off by Penguins voice.

-"I'm not going to do such a favor for you Joker. I mean you do have a gun pointed at my face." He mocked, as he straightened his shirt.

-"You have a point. How about you keep Harley and if I don't arrive back to get her by tomorrow night... You can do whatever you please with her." J sneered, looking over at me with betrayal.

Yet I should be the one feeling betrayed. He basically just left me for dead.

With a quick nod from Penguin, J strode through the doors, not even looking back at me once.

-"WE ARE THROUGH J! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU! AFTER ALL I'VE DONE FOR YOU!" I yelled after him, my heart feeling like it was leaving with every word.

With nothing but the sound of laughter from Penguin, tears began to cloud my vision.

I've lost both of them. Ivy and Puddin.

-"Now, now, now where shall I put you.. so you can await your prince to save you. Although, I think your prince has no intention on doing just that." He cackled, as he plucked the grenade from my hand, me not even realizing I still had it.

-"I don't even care." I whimpered, looking down at my feet.

-"Oh, don't be sad my darling, this was bound to happen. I mean you did give your life to the Joker." He assured, acting like this actually made me feel better.

With one last glance at me, he called his guards to take me to a small room upstairs. Flashes of green and red swirled together in my mind as I laid against the marble wall.

Snapping back into reality, I looked around the room, taking in my surroundings. I noticed a rather large bed, and a stone bathtub against a small window. Walking over to it, I turned on the faucet as the warm water filled the bottom. Taking off my clothes, I seeped into it, a breath of relief escaping my chest.

As I laid there, my chin inches from the steaming water, memories began to fill my mind.

J seated across from me in Arkham.

Plunging into chemicals, as they seeped into my lungs.

Me on puddins lap during a business meeting.

The sound of his laughter echoing around me.

Waking up to see him peacefully resting beside me.

As much as I tried I couldn't get him out of my head. He doesn't deserve me having a single thought about him, but yet there he was controlling every thought I had.

Maybe the only way to make him go away, is to lower myself into this water and let it fill my lungs like the chemicals did.

But this time I wouldn't have J to save me.

~Jokers POV~

As the engine roared under me and the lights of the city blurred by me, I could feel my train of thought blurr with them as well.

Harley's face stuck in the front of my mind, the look she had when she heard Ivy's name again. It was a look I never wanted to see, and if that means losing the whole of her, so be it.

Although nothing was chasing me, it felt like there was. Slamming on the pedal, I could feel the anger build up with the speed of my car.

The memories of her played in my mind like a movie. The more I shook my head the clearer they became.

Her wrapped in nothing but a sheet, hair in a mess of blue and pink curls.

The slight pink on her cheeks as I wrapped my arms around her waist.

The first time I laid my eyes on her in Arkham, the glasses and the pencil skirts still made my mind go into a haze.

Her curves still apparent in my button down shirt.

The taste of her lips and the sound of her laughter.

Although, the memories made my lips stretch into a wide grin, it only reminded me what I was slowly losing.

I was losing her, and the feeling made me want to drive this car over the side of a bridge.

Maybe that dosent sound too bad after all.

~

Finally updated😁😁 enjoy!