Chapter two

Awkward. Awkward.

This is literally all that is on my mind. Because here I am, sitting in the passenger seat of my best friends sisters car.

Wit Sloan passed out in the back, and Skye leaning her head on her hand that is propped up on her door. Staring at the road. She seemed to be in her mood again. Locked in her own head.

 Like a switch, my mind started racing with a million different possibilities of as to why she gets like this. Maybe she's depressed. Maybe something happened. But what? Did she go through a breakup? Was that it? Did she get her heart broken? Was it completely shattered? Was she hurting? Is this why she always got like this? Because she was inwardly battling with herself about something she's been struggling with? Like something personal? Maybe her sexuality?

Come to think about it, I've never seen her in a relationship. I know she must at least be bisexual. I've definitely seen a few girls do the walk of shame from her bedroom in the mornings I've been over. And I couldn't help but wonder. I mean, she's been with guys. Or, more specifically, one guy. In the ninth grade. What was his name? Luke? Liam? I honestly have no idea.

"what was your boyfriends name?" I found myself blurting. It seemed to catch her off guard, because she glanced at me, before shifting her eyes back to the road.

"I think I would know if I had a boyfriend Megan." She retorted.

As frustrating as she could be sometimes, I found myself smiling. "I was talking about the guy you dated during freshman year, smart one."

Hey, if she could be a sarcastic asshole, so could I.

"And why exactly are we talking about this?"

"I don't know, I was just wondering. But you didn't answer the question."

She smirked, and shook her head. Resting her arm on the armrest as the other gripped the steering wheel. "His name was Ivan."

"Have you dated any one recently?"

Laughing, she looked over at me, before looking back ahead. "What is this, twenty questions?"

"Again, you didn't answer the question."

"Mostly because I don't know why the hell you're asking me about my relationship status."

I don't even know why I've suddenly grown an interest in Skye. Not only in her love life, but just her in general. I figured that since I'm best friends with her sister, it couldn't hurt to get to know her as well.

"I'm just curious is all."

"And, I'm just automatically supposed to answer you, because......?"

"Well, I am your sisters best friend."

"And?"

"And, I thought it'd be nice to get along with my best friends sister."

"You don't need to worry About that."

Something about the way she said that - I don't know- it didn't sit well with me. It sounded, different to say the least. As if she didn't fee anything when she had said it.

"And why is that?" I questioned.

"Because you're already practically part of the family. Our parents already love you like one of their own. So you don't need my approval or whatever it is you're looking for."

"What if I actually just wanted to get to know you?"

"Trust me, you wouldn't."

"And how do you know that?" I pushed further.