Chapter Five

'I'm comin' over, running every red light. To hell with the closure, save it for another night.'

I sighed, rolling out of bed, and turned up my phone. Trudging myself out of bed, I grabbed a T-shirt and some jeans. Throwing them on sleepily. I guess you could say I really hate Mondays.

They're just so damn slow. And painful. Mostly 'cause either Sloan, or me, or the both of us, were still hungover from the weekend. Then there's the fact that I really can't stand most of the people anyways.

Slipping on my vans, I grabbed my bag and keys, and headed out the front door. Waiting for Sloan to get here. Every morning, Sloan picks me up. We usually stop for coffee on the way. I know, typical white girls, right?

So, color me shocked, when I saw Skye's familiar car come into view. Seeing Sloan motion me to the backseat beside her. Hopping in, I just glanced at her.

She shrugged. "My car broke down. Bummer huh?"

"Yeah."

Looking forward, I saw Skye glance at me from her rearview mirror. I took the time to check her out. Not like check her out check her out. But, notice her. I have a feeling I'll be taking a notice to her a lot more now. I think its because of what we talked about Saturday night. I think it changed the way I look at her. Maybe I'm just intrigued by her.

"Are you ready to see him? I heard he's coming back today." Sloan whispered beside me. She was the only person who knew what happened. I'm starting to think that she's always gonna be the only person I tell things to.

"I honestly don't know. Sloan, what if he tries to talk to me?"

"I'll beat his ass!" Sloan proclaimed. Causing Skye to chuckle up front. "What? You don't think I'm intimidating?"

Skye glanced back at us again. Smirking as she shook her head. "In that outfit? I'm sure all the boys find you oh so intimidating."

Looking over at Sloan I took in her her bright outfit. Her pink tank top, matched with her white booty shorts. It was on a completely different spectrum compared to Skye's outfit. She was dressed in practically all black. Seriously, it was getting harder and harder to believe the fact that they're sisters. They look a lot alike. But they are completely different.

"And what exactly is that supposed to mean?" Sloan challenged. It was always very interesting watching as they got into these debates. It was fun watching them playfully belittle each other. All though, there was a time where Sloan apparently went a bit too far, and Skye ended up giving her the cold shoulder for a week. That is until Sloan bought her a massive case of sunny-d from Sam's club. To say the least, Skye wasn't mad anymore.

"I meant, that one little flash of that butt, or your boobs, and they'd all fall to their knees. So, you'd have no problem in beating someone's ass. The problem, is that once your little minions are done doing your dirty work, they'll be crushed. 'Cause you'll must drop 'em and move on." Skye explained, laughing a bit to herself.

"That is so not true!" Sloan tried defending herself. Then broke out in laughter. "You know, actually, it is, never mind."

"Its OK, you're still my sister, so I guess I still love you."

"You guess?" Sloan said laughing.

I just sat back, and let them bicker on the ride to school. It was nice actually. To see Skye joke around like this with Sloan. Though, I did get quite sad about the fact that she'll change as soon as we get there. She'll put in her headphones, and block out the world. She has friends. A small knit group that she surrounds herself with. But, I can tell. She's not really herself around them. Don't get me wrong, she's still a major asshole from what I can see. She's just......different. I never really noticed it till now. But like I said, that talk we had, changed the way I look at her. Its weird. I can't really explain it. Its like a switch went off, and I just....see her. Like, really see her. Which still confuses me, because I don't look at her a lot. I'm always with Sloan. But I still notice her.