Chapter Thirteen

Sloan's POV

"I think we should do a car wash." Lillia suggested for the thousandth freaking time. Lillia is my friend, but imma be frank, she looks for any reason to be half naked. Coming from me, that means a lot.

"What about a bake sale?" Marci, my co-captain suggested. I wasn't really interested in baking for all the leeches in this school, but I had already shot down everything else, so I knew I needed to pick one soon.

"Yeah, that sounds good." I said, writing bake sale at the top of my notepad. I began making lists of everything we would need. Lillia volunteering to do the advertising, go figures. Knowing her she would probably come in with some cupcake pasties or covered in frosting.

"Ok, so Lillia will be handling the advertising. Marci with get the flour we need, Lindsay will be getting the sugar and chocolate chips, and everyone else, just get the things we left off the list."

If I had a gavel, I would bang it on the table to signal the ending of the meeting, but instead I just stood and gathered my things. I felt a pair of eyes on me, looking up I saw Marci standing at the doorway. "Did you actually want to do the bake sale? Or were you just tired of shooting down ideas?" She joked in a light tone.

Marci was cool, she was a senior like me. But she was super smart, and had like, two classes during the day. Plus, she was insanely beautiful. With her long brown hair, and her tanned complexion. It was a wonder why we've never really hung out before.

"Yeah, well I figured I should decide soon, or someone would flip ship or something."

She laughed before heading out the door.

Finally, time to go home.

Turning up the radio in my car, I pulled out, and started the the short drive home.

I felt bad for telling Megan she couldn't be with Skye, but both of them have been hurt enough already. Although, its obvious how much they like each other. Even if they don't realize it themselves. Skye is always a bit happier when Megan's around. No matter how hard she tried to hide it, I can see it.

As for Megan, ever since the Evan thing, she's been different. Every time I ask, she says she's fine. She's not. She's sad. But, until she admits it to herself, there's really nothing I can do to help her. She needs to face her problems head on, otherwise they won't ever go away. It'll just cause more pain in the long run.

"Megan! Skye! I'm home!" I called as I walked in the door. Tossing my keys on the counter, I noticed Skye sitting on the kitchen island. She looked up at me, narrowing her eyes.

"Who's Evan?"

If I had a drink, I would spit it out. "He's the douche you sit next to in art." I said simply.

"Right." She said before walking past me to her room.

What the hell? Why was she asking about Evan? Did he say something to her? Did she say something to him? Did something happen between him and Megan today?

Rushing up the stairs I bounded towards my room, but all I was met with was Megan doing homework on my bed. "Hey, how was the meeting?"

"Don't you 'hey how was the meeting' me." I said, narrowing my eyes as I stepped further into the room. She looked fine, so it probably wasn't something major that happened. But her eyes were rimmed with red, so either she was high, or she had been crying. And since Megan was too much of a prude to smoke, I'm guessing it was the ladder. "Have you been crying?" I challenged.

Her reaction told me the answer. She couldn't look me in the eye, and her shoulders slumped.

"Megan." I said sternly.