Chapter 32

Skye's POV

I was glad that creep decided it would be a smart move to leave my house. If got my hands on him, let's just say it wouldn't be a pretty sight. But what gets me the most, is how it's affecting Megan. I can tell lies she's a bit paranoid because of all of this.

I felt bad, because I couldn't reassure her. Not in the way I wanted to. Not in front of Sloan. Not in front of anybody.

I'm not complaining, not at all. In all actuality, Megan is an incredible girl. That I really care about. I'm still not completely sure if I love her though. Which I guess is why I freaked out a bit when she said she loved me last night.

It probably slipped out of her mouth. I don't think she even realized she said it at first. I know I didn't. It took me a minute to process it.

"Ugh, dammit Skye, why must you be so emotionally crippled!" I cursed at myself as I locked myself away in my room. Sloan and Megan were having a best friends night, so I was going to have to find a way to occupy myself.

I took my phone out, and started scrolling through Facebook. I didn't really know what else to do, and it seemed as if doing things on my phone makes the time fly by.

I noticed there were a lot of posts about an art convention that was coming up. Looking around at my room, I studied all my pictures intently. I didn't consider myself an amazing artist, but I wasn't horrible. What would it hurt to enter the contest? I mean I could get completely humiliated if every one who walked by my pieces burst out in laughter, but it wouldn't be the worst thing that's ever happened to me.

Snapping a few pictures of my work, I emailed the person who was holding the event. Along with some information about me. You know, age, name, where I live. Things like that.

I was half tempted to text Megan and tell her about the contest, but I figured it would interrupt their time together. I know that with Sloan's having a boyfriend and all, took a lot of her time. So it was rare nowadays for the, to spend quality time together. Which wasn't so bad, because it meant she could spend time with me.

The one thing that could damper my mood at the moment, was thoughts of this evening. I saw Tina talking and mingling with other family members. Not going to lie, it made my blood boil. Though I'm slowly getting used to the idea of tolerating her presence.

Very slowly.

I made a promise to my mother. Though she hates her just as much as I do, I promised I would try to forgive her. Not for Tina's sake, but rather for mine. She said it wasn't good for me to hold a grudge.

Tossing my phone down on my bed,my mind began to wonder back to Tina. Then to Rob. Then to what he did to me. Then what I did. Anger and regret flowed smoothly throughout my body.

My chest began heaving, and I knew that if I didn't get air soon, I would have a panic attack.

Grabbing my keys, I flew down the stairs. Past the confused faces of Sloan and Megan on the couch. Straight to my car. Putting the key into the ignition, I started the car. Peeling out of the driveway.

Cruising down the road, stopped at the red light. Taking the time to plug my phone into the aux. Pressing shuffle, I sat back, allowing the beats of the music to vibrate freely through my body.

I really don't understand why the mere thought of Rob, or anything related to Rob, can affect me this greatly. It makes me feel cramped. As if I move, this imaginary box will start closing in on me. Crushing me with every breath. Every heartbeat.

I thrummed my thumb against the wheel as I pulled forward. Not paying much attention to the car racing towards me. Not until it slammed into the passenger side of my car. My tires screeching as my car was pushed sideways towards the light pole.

My head jerked to the side, slamming through my now shattered window, and making contact with the pole.

My vision was blurry, but I could faintly hear the sound of glass crunching beneath the feet of a stranger. I tried turning my head, but the painful shock running through my body prevented me from moving at all.

"If I can't have her, you can't either." A mans gruff voice echoed through my skull.

The last thing I heard, was the crunching of glass.

Then everything was black.