Chapter 43

Skye's POV

So, this is how it goes sometimes. You find yourself, deeply attached, hooked in. You realize just how much you've been pulled in. How much you'll give. How much you'll take. And how much you're completely okay with it. 

Though, there are some things that can damper it. Like how sometimes, if you're like me, the way I close down when things get hard in my head. Or even when things are just....things. It's human nature. Our minds are always changing. We develop different fondness's for different things. Even for things we didn't like before. Like being in a relationship. It's a different experience than what i'm used to. 

Though, even if i'm scared, with Megan, I know it's the right thing for me. I just didn't want to admit it at first. Because I was scared, scared of what was to come in the possible future. Whether it was good or bad. I was, and am still scared. I had never been this emotional over someone. Or, I had once, but this is different. 

A sudden knock at my door, jarred me from all thoughts. Opening, I had expected it to be Megan, but to my surprise, it was Sloan. Walking in, she took a brief look around, before bounding to my bed. Sitting down as if this were a therapists office, rather than a teenagers bedroom. 

"So," she started. It was clear to see, that there was something bothering her. Part of me was glad she had come to me about it. Or at least I think she had come to me about it. "How did you think I would react, before you guys told me you were together?" Knowing this was about Megan and I, the question had taken me aback a bit, so I really had to contemplate my answer before replying. 

"Well, I figured you would flip about it. Figured you wouldn't talk to either one of us again." She didn't seem to be satisfied with my answer to her question, so I asked my own. "What's been going on? You haven't been yourself lately. How are you and Chase? Haven't seen much of him either." My words seemingly just rolled off her, and she just looked at me before asking another question.

"How do you know you truly love Megan? Or anyone for that matter?" Sloan's voice sounded strained. Like this wasn't just something that popped up in her head recently. She had been thinking about this for a long time. 

"Sloan," I started as I settled myself on the other side of the bed. Using the wall to prop myself up. "Seriously, what's going on?"

"I just.......don't know anymore. Like, I'm not sure what I want. I thought I knew, but I suppose I didn't." She had started messing with the outer rim of my blanket. Fidgeting as if under close inspection by a scientist. Or an overbearingly nosy parent. 

"Well, what makes you happy?" I asked, watching her fidget. I know when something is bothering my sister, and this is one of those things. She's obviously torn over whatever is going on. I just don't know how to go about putting it into words. "Or rather, who makes you happy?"

Again, my words seemingly rolled off her. She didn't bother to answer my question as she was apparently equipted with her own armery of questions. "How did you know you were attracted to girls?"

"Do you want me to be completely honest?" I asked.

"Yes."

"I knew when I first saw a girl in a bikini and it was just like a waterfall." I said. Which was true. I mean, im not gonna lie, if you saw Megan in a bikini.... just damn.

"I fucking swear Skye you better not be talking about my best friend!" She was laughing, which was a good thing. Im glad that even through whatever it is she's going through, she can still laugh.

"Well, are you going to tell me what this is all about?" I asked. She looked over at me, and shook her head. It was clear her head was in turmoil. I just hoped she would let me help as her big sister.

"So.... there's this person." She started. Still fidgeting with things. She does this a lot when shes nervous about something. "And it isn't what im used to, you know?"

"So, what is he an Asian or something? Trying out a new flavor?" I joked. She just smiled and shook her head.

"Well, a new flavor in a way. But, for now, lets just go with different." She stopped fidgeting and just sat there, shaking her leg. Sighing, she laid down on my bed.

"Well, does this person make you happy?" I inquired. Watching as she shrugged. Then nodded her head yes.

"This person makes me more than happy. Like, happier than ive ever been before. Its just complicated." Sloan said hurriedly. Causing herself to inhale sharply after she finished talking.

"Well, if they make you happy, whats complicated about it?" I leaned against my dresser, crossing my arms while I looked at her.

"Like, I mean, what about the way people look at me?"

Sloan was never a person who really cared about what others thought about her, so I scoffed at her words.

"What do you care about? What others will think of you? Or what Youre going to think of yourself?"

"I guess the ladder. I just dont know."

"Well," I started. "I say, follow what makes you happy. If its meant to be, the everything will fall in line. But, just make sure you take care of one thing first."

"Which is?" She asked.

"Chase." I answered quickly. Watching her as she sat up again. Standing and heading to her door.

"Youre right. Thank you Skye."

She said  before walking out.

Im not sure what exactly all is going through her head, but I do know that I did help in some way. Which im satisfied with at the moment. I'll just get Megan to talk to her about it.