Chapter 36

Skye's POV

My mind feels like a maze full of an array of sharps turns met with cataclysmic whirls of emotions. In other words, I felt like a wreck. This morning, when Megan told me she didn't want to see me anymore, it felt as if my world had crumbled in on me.

It scarred me to think I could lose her.

But, being with her, I'm not talking about the sex......though that was good too. I'm talking about that one moment where her and just stared into each other's eyes. I could feel our connection grow stronger. I didn't want to give up what her and I have, because it's the first real thing I've felt in a long time.

Though I do feel partially at blame. For what? I'm not sure. I just feel like I should be able to protect her. Or at least try. I didn't even know this was going on, and I practically look at her or have her on my mind every day. I'm not a stalker though, she's just the one good thing I can look at while in school.

Megan told me not to get involved, so I won't. Though, if things get too out of hand, I have no problem in beating the shit out of someone. For now, it seems that Megan has somewhat of a handle on this. I can tell that this boy scares her. Otherwise she wouldn't have tried to break things off with me. She didn't know what he was capable of. And he doesn't know what I'm capable of.

"Dinner!" My mothers voice echoed throughout the house. I was still laying in my bed naked. Images of Megan's amazing body flashed across my mind. My mind was much clearer now than it was earlier. It seems that the mere thought of her is enough to rid my head of any bad or confusing thoughts.

I supposed I should at least show my face at the dinner table. I needed to keep it cool with Megan in front of Megan. Though I'm starting to think she knows something up. Or at least suspects it. I wouldn't be surprised if Megan had told her already.

Sitting up, I ignored the slight ache in my head, I grabbed some clothes out of my closet, and threw them on. Just a simple pair of sweatpants, and a tank.

Walking down the stairs, the only seat left was next to Megan. Of course. Dinner smelled delicious though. My mother is an amazing cook. She makes sure the take out number is just right.

No, I'm kidding. She really is an amazing cook. I learned everything I know from her. Well, mostly.

"It smells, and looks delicious." Megan complimented. I smiled, 'accidentally' brushing my leg against hers. "I wish I knew how to cook."

"It's not hard to learn, isn't that right, Skye?" Smiling, I nodded at my mother. Sloan was awfully quiet, and picking at her food. Something she never does, might I add. I'm guessing she was just as bothered by the whole stalker thing as I was. Or she was having some major internal battle.

Taking my plate, I ate my food quite hungrily. I hadn't eaten much today, in fear of losing Megan, I guess my appetite left me. A lot of things scare me about her actually. Like, I'm afraid that what I feel for her, will make or break me. Which is why I will fight tooth and nail to keep her. She's something worth fighting for.

"So, how was everyone's day?" My mother asked, looking around at us.

"You know, the usual." I started off sarcastically. "Laid in bed all day, doing absolutely nothing. I did sketch something oh so marvelous." My mother scolded me gently, then smiled before bursting into a fit of laughter.

"Oh, dear, an image of you in your toddler years just flashed across my mind. You used to always do the darnedest things. There was once a time where I caught you with your head in the toilet. You said you wanted to see what the dog liked so much about it." Soon Megan and Sloan joined in on the laughing. I remembered what she was talking about. I was a rambunctious child. Looking back on it now, I was probably the worst child of the bunch.