Chapter 45

"Sloan, hey. How are you?"Her warm voice and stunning smile sent chills down my spine. She opened the door wider, and motioned for me to come in. "What brings you here?" She asked. Walking through the front hallway of her home, stopping by the bar to lean against it.

"I wanted to talk to you about something." I started. Leaning against the back of the couch that was across the bar. So I was standing right in front of her. Her eyes looking me over. She made me nervous and she knew it. So she cracked a smile.

"Sure Sloan, what's up?" She asked. I decided not to tell her right away. So I started talking about something else. Cheer.

"So, you know about how we have a cook out coming up for the last game of the season?" I asked. She nodded, heading into the kitchen, grabbing a water and leaning back against the bar.

"I do, yes." She said. Her eyes wondered over my body for a second before landing back to mine. "But, is that really what you came here to talk about?"

That was always something I enjoyed about her. The fact that she could practically just look at me, and know that I had something I wanted to say.

"No, um, actually, it isntt." I admitted. Watching her watch me. "I um.... so, you remember that day when I was crying in the bathroom?" She nodded. "Do you remember what you said?" Again, she nodded. "About um...." I didn't really know how to put it into words so I kinda just stood there watching her.

"Its okay. You can say it." She said. Setting her water down. "How I said that I wanted to kiss you? And how there wasn't a chance I would get to do it? That I am always here for you? Is that what you're getting at?" Her eyes never left mine as she spoke.

"Yeah, it is." I said softly, looking down. She came closer to me. Lifting my chin up, she looked into my eyes.

"Look, if I freaked you out by saying that, I didn't mean to. And if you're here to tell me that I made you feel uncomfortable, im sorry. Thats not what I meant to do." She said. Her words, were slow and calculated. Almost like she practiced for when she might have to say this. Like she expected to have to say this.

"No, no, that's not what I'm here to say." I said, looking deeper into her eyes. "But.... did you mean it?"

"Of course I did." She said. "Why would you ask?"

"Because, ever since you said that.... Ive been thinking. And I realized now, that I feel something for you. I feel all these things. And it confuses me, and it scares me, and I don't know what to do. I need you to tell me what to do." I said. I was pleading with her to tell me what she wanted. I think I know what I want. Im just not sure what she wants.

"Chase?" She asked.

"I broke up with him. Right before I came here." I said honestly.

"Why?"

"Because, I don't feel the way towards him, that I do you." I said. Grabbing her hands with mine. I don't know how exactly to do this, but im trying to make her understand. "I don't know why, and I don't care why. But, I have feelings for you. I don't understand them completely, but, I want to try. I want to see where this takes us. I'm not as experienced, but, I would like to try. Because I really really do want to give you and I a real shot."

Marci was quiet for a few minutes after I had stopped talking. She was just looking at me. Watching me. I felt like I had said the wrong thing. Or I felt like somehow, I freaked her out. Just as I was about to back away and leave, she leaned forward, and gently pressed her lips on mine. Pulling away after a second to see if I was okay. I just gently pulled her back towards me and reconnected our lips. It wasn't fast and heated or anything. We didn't use any tongue. It was just slow, and full of something that was meaningful.

Pulling away for the last time, I stared at her. She smiled, which in turn caused me to smile. "I'll talk to you later?" I asked, as I headed towards the door.

"Yeah, I'll call you." She said. Walking me to the door. "Or I'll text you. Whichever you want." She said. I began to think she was just as nervous as I was. Which, I'll admit, mad me feel a little better abiut being as anxious as I was.

"Okay Marci. I'll talk to you later." I gave her a quick hug and ran back to my car. I was itching to tell Megan all about what just happened. Hopping into my car, I drove off. Keeping Marci's house in my rear-view mirror.
"So, how did it go?" Megan asked. Looking at me cautiously. I don't think she expected anything to actually happen to be honest.

"Well," I started off. I couldn't shake the big old smile that was plastered on my face. I had a feeling it would be thdre even when I went to sleep. "I went inside, and we talked." I said.

"You talked?" I could feel that my best friend waa eyeballing me. I kind of had fun making her wait for a juicy story like this. "Is that it?"

"No." I pulled over next to the alleyway. I didn't want to be driving when I tell her. Because I might get to excited over it and lose focus over the road. "We kissed." I said softly. More like I just let the words flow out of my mouth.

"You kissed? Wait wait wait..." Here we go. "You kissed her? Or did she kiss you? What was said before the kiss? After? Was it only once? Did yall french?" Her array of questions made me laugh. But, I knew she was serious in getting her answers.

"We didn't french." I started out with that because that was the important part to me. It was slow and meaningful. And I loved it. "But, she didn't really say anything before. Sje was the one who kissed me yes. The first time. But the second time, I pulled her back in. And the third..... we just both leaned into to it." Megan clapped her hands and did a little haply dance. Which I was utterly confused by. She doesn't normally do happy dances.

"I knew you liked someone! I knew something was up! You just didn't tell me!" She exclaimed. She was giddy, jumping up and down in her seat.

"Yeah, yeah. I know I know. You wanna go get some ice cream?" I asked. I only now realized that being so shy and nervous made me crave for some nice cold sweet treats. It was calming food. Maybe not healthy but fuck it. If I want a big ass cookie doe ice cream cone, I'm gonna get it. And seeing the way megans eyes lit up, she was on the same page as me.

So, I started on the way to creamy goodness.