Chapter 33

Sloan's POV

Megan and I have been watching reality TV for most of the afternoon. Just sitting on the couch watching tv, talking about random things. 

She seemed a lot more relaxed than she was before, when she was working up the nerve to tell me about her and my sister. I wasn't surprised actually. I mean I was, but more so at the fact that she actually told me. 

"Oh come on!" I hollered at the tv screen. "Michelle would never pick that guy! She loves Scott!" Don't judge me, I'm very passionate when it comes to my shows. 

"Right?" Megan agreed. 

"You would think the producers of this show would make it less obvious it's scripted, you know?" Megans head bobbed up and down, her eyes focused on the screen. I laughed at how she was basically more into the show than I was. 

My attention only pulled away when Skye came bustling down the stairs. She stormed to the counter, and grabbed her keys. This had gotten Megans attention now as well. We both watched as she headed out the door. 

"What was that about?" Megan questioned after the door slammed shut. 

"I don't know." 

"She's your sister." She joked.

"She's your girlfriend." I joked back. She laughed, slapping my arm gently. 

"But seriously, do you think she's ok?" Megan asked, muting the tv at the commercials. I just nodded. 

"She's probably just peeved about something." I explained. "She probably just needs some air, I, sure she'll be fine." 

"You're probably right." She said, turning her attention back to the screen.

************

Megan and I were lounged out on the couch. Our legs on top of each other's. It was already ten'o'clock. So naturally we were still wide awake, watching pointless tv while scrolling through our phones. 

I was reading about some zodiac thing, when my phone began to ring. It was my mom. 

"Hey, mama," I said into the phone, turning down the volume on the tv. 

"Hey, something happened." Her voice sounded strained. Thinking about it now, she was supposed to be home a few hours ago.

"What is it mom?" I was starting to get worried. Which Megan seemed to notice, she was watching me now. 

"Skye was in an accident." I could her the tears practically falling down her face. Causing me to get even more worried. 

"Where is she? Is she ok? What happened?" My rapid fire questions motivated me to move. Getting up, I slipped on my shoes. Megan doing the same. I tossed her my keys, and waited for my mom to give me the details. 

"She's at the general hospital." 

"Ok, I'm on my way." I said, hanging up the phone and hopping into the passenger seat. 

Megan and I stayed quiet during the ride. She was just as worried as I was. Though she didn't know much specifics. Hell, I didn't even know anything. I just knew my sister was in an accident, and could be seriously hurt. Who knows, we could get there, and she could have just a few scratches. 

From the sound of my mother voice, I doubted that that was the case. It didn't stop my mind from coming up with every possible outcome. I prepared myself for the worst, but I was optimistic.

Pulling up to the hospital, Megan parked quickly, and we both practically ran inside. She was just as worried as I was. If not more. She must really care about Skye.

"How can I help you?" The nurse that was sat at the desk in the waiting room asked us as we approached.

"I need to know what room Skye Adams is in." My voice was impatient, and I could tell it didn't go unnoticed by the nurse. Right now though, I couldn't care less. I just wanted to see her.

"She's in room 1404. Fourth floor." I nodded my head to the nurse, and Megan and I hustled to the elevator. Pressing the fourth floor button, my foot began to tap impatiently.

"Sloan, she's gonna be ok." Megan's deflated voice echoed through the small elevator. "She has to be." Her voice cracking, she held her hand over her face, and began sobbing. Wrapping my arms around her, I stroked her back. As the bell dinged, signaling we were on the fourth floor, Megan pulled away, wiping her face.

Room 1404 was halfway down the hall. I could see my parents through the shades of the room. My mom was collected, but you could see she was struggling to keep her composure. My dad was the same way.

Walking into the room, I hugged them both. Then looked to the bed. Skye was awake, but she had an immersive gash on her temple. She smiled softly when she looked over at Megan. Who was glaring daggers at her. Most likely because of the way that Skye had stormed out of the house earlier on.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I was stopped at a red light, and when it turned green, I started forward, and some maniac crashed into me." Skye explained. Her voice was lighthearted, so I figured the doctors had given her some pain medication.

"Wow." I said, sighing a breath of relief. I was glad she wasn't more seriously hurt than she is.

A sudden ping of someone's phone startled everyone. Megan muttered a small 'sorry' as she pulled out her phone. Her eyes searching the screen. Her face then went very hard. She seemed to pale.

"I....uh, excuse me." She said walking out of the room. I looked between my parents, then went to follow Megan. Outside, she was leaned against the wall, holding her chest. As of she were having a panic attack.

"Megan, what is it? What's wrong?" I inquired, walking up to her. She shook her head, seemingly unable to form words. She just handed me her phone. Looking at the screen, I read the text that appeared.

'I told you, if I can't have you, no one can.'

My eyes widened as I realized what this meant. It was that creepy ass guy from the party. He's the one that crashed his car into Skye's. He tried to fucking kill my sister. My own flesh and blood. He did it trying to scare my best friend.

"This bastards a damn psychopath!" I exclaimed quite loudly. Earning a few glares from the surrounding nurses.

"He's dangerous." Megan said, her voice uneven. Her eyes were distant. "I don't know what he's capable of doing. He could have killed her." Tears were forming in the corners of her eyes. "I don't want to be with her if it means she's going to get hurt."

"Megan, she's ok." I said. I was trying to soothe her, and convince her that she didn't need to be afraid. But I knew, her and I both knew what she was going to have to do. At least until we thought of a way to handle this whole situation.

"I can't risk her getting hurt again. Not because of me." Megan began to cry again.

"Shhhhhhhhh......." I said, stroking her hair as I brought her into my embrace. "I'm sure she can handle herself."

"That's the thing," she sniffled, pulling away. "She shouldn't have to."

This was what I was afraid of initially. That they would fall for each other, then some outside force would try and wedge itself between them. It's sad really. They deserve each other. Completely. I knew it would be hard for Megan to break things off with Skye. Not only because she had immense feelings for my sister, but because I knew my sister wouldn't give up that easily. Not unless she had a good reason for it.

I sighed, hugging her once more.

My parents walked out, saying we could home now since they were checking Skye out. She had a minor concussion, though it was a pretty deep gash.

We walked out to our cars, Skye riding silently in the wheelchair that was pushed by our dad. Megan and I hung back behind them. I could see this whole thing was hurting her. But I also knew that it would hurt Skye just as much.

Even if they didn't see it themselves, they loved each other. It was that pure kind of love. The one that lasts a century. The type of love you tell your grandchildren about.

It was just........pure.