Chapter 22

This game is actually quite brutal. Already I've seen two players get tackled so hard they couldn't get up. And its barely the first half. Skye, very reluctantly, say beside me on the bottom row of bleachers. I was shocked to hear she didn't get suspended. She didn't even have in school suspension. 

Sitting with her, I abesently watched the field as the characters tackled and ran at each other. I couldn't help but think about my weird daydream. It had felt so surreal, but it was just my mind playing tricks on me. 

"If you sigh one more time......." I joked, laughing as she glared at me, but I could see her lips form a slight smile. 

"Why exactly am I here?" Skye asked, looking to me. 

Shivering, I shrugged. "I couldn't get anyone else to come with me." 

"So, I'm your last resort? Thanks, that's a real confidence booster." Nudging her shoulder, I laughed as she attempted to pout, but ended up bursting into a small fit of giggles. I was glad that we were on good terms again. I found it very stressful fighting, or silently fighting, with her. Not only because I somewhat had feelings for her, but I actually enjoyed talking to her. She made it easy. It was comfortable. Not in the same way that I had with Sloan. Sloan and I could literally talk about the most obscure, ludicrous things. Like how taking a shit in the girls bathroom is practically impossible because there's always someone in there fixing their hair.

But with Skye. It's different. Like I feel safe talking to Sloan about anything, because I know she cares about me. When I'm with Skye, I don't even realize I'm telling her things, until she responds to it. Is that weird? I feel like it is. But it's true. 

"You know," Skye started, glancing at me, "The game is actually a lot better if you're actually watching it." Blushing, I shrugged. Had I really been staring that long? 

Shivering again, I wrapped my arms around myself. Once again turning to watch the game absentmindly. Laughing quietly yo herself, Skye stood and shrugged her jacket off. Draping it over my shoulders. Plopping back down on the bleachers, she pulled out her phone. It was lit up, with Baileys name on the screen. Declining the call, she shoved the phone back into her pocket. Shaking her head lightly. 

"Everything ok?" She looked over at me, smiling a bit. I could tell she was aggravated with something. Either that, or she was starting to regret giving me her jacket. Seriously, it was way too early in the school year for it to be this cold. Like, come on. 

"It's complicated. Girl drama. It's a wonder why I didn't go straight a long time ago." Leaning back, she rested her elbows on the row of seats behind her. Stretching herself out. 

Debating whether or not I should tell her about what I saw today, I inched my hand closer to my phone. If I told her, it would either end in one of two ways. She'd brush it off and act like she doesn't actually care. Or, she'd get pissed, and shut me out again. Not wanting to take the chance, I decided I would just delete the picture later on. There was no point in showing her now, if the relationship between them is already going to end. There's no need to add onto the hurt. 

"Well, do you want to talk about it?" 

"At a football game? Are you serious?" Skye said sarcastically. Knowing this was how she acted when she was upset or bothered, I pressed on lightly. 

"Well, apparently, Sloan saw, or thinks she saw her with some random guy. Which, you know, I'm not really bothered by it. Especially considering I only started dating her to stop myself from thinking about-......" Stopping abruptly, she shrugged her shoulders. "Like I said, it's complicated."

"Stop thinking about what?" I asked. She didn't think I caught on to what she had said, but I did.  I catch onto everything. 

"To stop thinking about you." She said dejectedly. Before I could think of a reply the vast amount of people around us, stood and roared with cheer. Looking at the scoreboard, I saw we were up by ten. And it was the last minute of the game. Looking back over to my side, I was met with a fierce pair of eyes. They were swirling with different emotions. Ranging from something that was like anger, to what I thought was fascination. "Are you hungry?" She asked.