Chapter 30

Megans POV

Oh. My. God. 

That dinner was excruciatingly awkward. But what got me fired up the most, was what that woman Tina had said to Skye once she got her alone. Or thought she had gotten her alone. It made my blood boil hearing her threaten Skye. More so when she called her a liar. Picking her scumbag husbands word over her's. 

It hurt seeing the way it affected Skye. She tries so hard to show people she's not weak. That she doesn't need anyone. That she can do everything on her own. I knew that letting herself be truly vulnerable to me, was a burden for her. She tried to hide herself from me, but I didn't let her. 

I know it's hard to continuously run from what you're afraid of. I do it all the time with Evan. I've done it for a while, but it must be nothing compared to what she's had to deal with, with Tina. It's completely different for her. 

I stared at her as she slept. I watched her shoulders move up and down as she breathed. I was a bit sad that Sloan would be coming home soon. Meaning I would have to leave the comfort of Skye's bed. I began to hate the idea of keeping Skye and I a secret from Sloan, but I hated the idea of losing her because of it.

I brought my hand slowly up to her back, and traced her shoulders. They're were broad, but not extensively. She was strong. But it wasn't the type of strength that she had to spend hours a day in a gym to obtain. It was the kind where she had actually gained from working. Doing jobs like, building a pool for the next door neighbor. 

Here she was.....this undeniable force. This independent, undeniable force. With someone who was too afraid to tell anyone that she was with her. Actually, I wasn't afraid of telling people anymore. I was afraid losing them. 

This girl made me the happiest I've been in a while. 

Tracing my fingers lightly over her skin, she shifted. Turning over to face  me. Her eyes blinked opened, and smiled up at me. Her stormy grey eyes, looked like a sea of calm in the morning. Her features were soft, and relaxed. Unlike how she was further on in the day. 

"You know, some people may think it's creepy when someone watches them as they sleep, but I find it quite endearing." She joked. Even in the mornings she was sarcastic. 

"I was not watching you sleep." I defended, pecking her lips gently. 

"You totally were." She said, sitting up. She stretched out her body, and stood. Her body was like a fortress of solitude. "I'm guessing Sloan will be home soon." Her voice sounded dejected, but she hid it well with a smile. 

"Yeah." I said, watching her intently. Her eyes traveled back to mine, and she smiled again. A real one this time. 

After a few minutes of silently staring at each other, we stood and walked downstairs. Her parents were a,ready sitting at the island. Her mother loomed at both of us, and gave a slight smile. I wondered what that was about, but I pushed it aside to the back of my mind. 

"There's food on the oven dears. Skye, your fathe and I are off to work." I watched as they both heads out of the front door. Talking in hush tones. 

"I guess we should-....." 

"Guess who's home?!" Sloans voice echoed throughout the house. She sure knew how to make an entrance. 

Walking a around the corner, she tossed her duffel down on the floor. Sitting down lazily, she snatched a piece of bacon from the plate next to her. Chomping on it, her eyes darted between eyes. Feeling that if I were to look into her eyes, it would reveal everything from the past twenty four hours, I busied myself with getting a plate of food for myself.