Chapter eight

Opening my eyes, I was started at first. I don't know why, because I've woken up in Sloans room, to her snoring, about a million times before. So I'm not sure what's different about this time. Maybe it was because I knew I wouldn't be leaving anytime soon.

I checked my phone, I nearly cried when I saw what time it was.

"Ugh, wake up Sloan." Nudging her, I laughed as she cracked her eyes, scowling at me.

"If I weren't your best friend, I'd kick you out for waking me up at this ungodly hour."

"Sloan, its 7:30. You don't wake up soon, we'll be late." I joked. Urging her to get out of bed.

"I guess I should go see if Skye's still willing to drive us to school."

I debated on telling her what I saw last night. Heaven knows how she'll react to walking in on her sister naked in bed with a girl from Algebra. But I figured it wasn't any of my business. So, I just let her walk out. Waiting for the screams that were bound to come.

To my surprise, they didn't. I was kind of stunned. Had I imagined what happened last night? Was it just she vivid dream? I don't know. The way I had felt when I saw Skye and that girl. It felt real. Like, really real. Like, I was crushed? Confused? Yeah. That sounds a lot better. I was confused. But that's ok. I'm always confused. Or somewhere close to that. It comes along with my extremely curious mind. It was normal.

"Skye said she'll be up and ready in ten." I couldn't help but wonder. Whether or not the girl was gone. Or even if there was a girl. "What are you thinking about this time?"

"Nothing."

"I call bull."

Rolling my eyes, I grabbed a plain T-shirt and some black skinny jeans. "You know, I hate how well you know me sometimes."

"What are bestfriends for?"

"Obviously to torture me."

"My pride and joy!" I just laughed as I stepped out of her room. My stomach was practically begging for some lucky charms. I've always loved bombarding Sloans kitchen. Mostly because its always stocked with everything I love. From breakfast foods, to sugary snacks. It was a lot like a wonderland. One that made you fat, but still.

"Good morning." Nearly dropping the box of lucky charms, I held my hand over my heart as I glared at Skye. Seriously, the girl needs a damn bell. Or something.

"Morning." Glaring at her a moment longer, I went back to pouring the cereal into the bowel. Some small part of me wanted to bring up what I saw last night. Or what I thought I saw. But, truth be told, another part of me was scared to look into those cold grey eyes as I tried to formulate a sentence.

"Tell Sloan I'll be waiting out in the car." And without another word, she just brushed past me and stalked out the front door. Was she giving me the cold shoulder from now on? I guess that just confirmed what I saw last night. Who knows. Maybe she was just embarrassed. Knowing Skye, she would never actually admit that to anyone. Let alone me. I doubt she would even admit it to Sloan.

"So I promised Lillia and the girls we would sit with them this morning. You ok with that?" Sloan announced as she descended down the stairs. Looking at her now, I realized exactly why all the boys swooned over her. Not only was she good looking, sexy even, but she had an amazing personality. She really was a catch. If I could ever see myself having feelings for a female, more than likely it would be for Sloan. But, that's kind of just awkward. Considering I don't in fact see her as a sister. I'd settle for Skye though.

Woah, did I really just think that?

Shrugging away the thoughts I glanced over at Sloan before nodding. "Yeah, that would be cool. We really haven't talked. Like actually talk, you know?"

"Yeah, I do. But, its senior year. We have a lot to handle. I'm sure they understand."

"Yeah, I hope so."

***********

Ugh, why is history so incredibly dull? Like, don't get me wrong, I love learning, but this old man, Mr. Lopez, was literally a walking snooze fest. The first day of school, he stood around talking about his 'vast life experience', and why he decided to become a teacher. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the type of girl who hates when the subject is about anything other than me, I just hate that whenever he talks, he's so monotone. There's just no spark in his voice.

Another shitty thing to add to this class, is the fact that Evan is in it as well. I swear, I feel like he purposely switched into class just to torture me. With his brooding stares, and daring smiles. It reminded me why I fell for him to begin with. But other what he did, I don't see him as anything but the scum he is.

What happened......it changed me. I used to be able to sleep peacefully. Now? I'd be lucky if I got to close my eyes for five minutes before his fave flickered in my mind. Sloan had suggested I go to therapy, get some help. Or at least get a doctor to give me some sleeping pills. I just don't think I'd be able to talk about. Not without completely breaking down. Something I've only ever done in front of Sloan.

'And Skye.'

Sighing, I realized it was going to be much harder than I thought. Getting Skye to like me. She generally hated everyone. Or at least it seemed that way. "Megan, am I boring you?" Mr.Lopez directed to me. Immediately causing all eyes to flicker in my direction.

"No sir. Sorry sir."

"I get history may be boring for some people, just try not to turn it into a complete snooze fest will you?" Oh, so now he talks like human.

Afraid of opening my mouth, I just nodded my head. Feeling relieved as he went back to the lecture.

I could feel his eyes lingering on me, so I busied myself with a loose thread hanging from my shirt. Paying extra close attention to the thread, as I yanked it free.

Thanking the gods when the bell had finally rang. I quickly packed my things and bolted out the door. Only to bump right into.......you guessed it. Skye.

Why does my life suddenly feel like a fake reality TV show? If its not Satan's spawn I have to deal with, its the devil with the piercing grey eyes. I just didn't have it in me to deal with it right now.

"Watch where you're going next time, would 'ya?"

"Sorry." I mumbled.

She looked back at me, her stormy eyes and hard features softening a bit. "Are you alright?"

Was I? I was practically traumatized, by something that I could only talk about with one other person. I had night terrors that caused me to basically become an insomniac. I could barely stand the thought of being in the same room as Evan. Let alone actually look at him. I was still haunted by his words that night.

'If you love, you'll do this.'

"I'm fine." Skye didn't need to deal with my emotional wreck of a life. She had her own stuff to deal with.

"No you're not." She said plainly.

We kind of just stood there staring at each other. Not really knowing what to say next.

"Come with me." She said, grabbing my hand and dragging me behind her.

"Where are we going?"

"Just trust me."

"Skye, we have class."

"Just trust me." She repeated.

And so I did. Whatever this was, however confused I had felt, I just pushed it away. I wanted to forget. I wanted for once, to be at peace. And for some reason, I felt safe with her holding my hand.

Safer than ever.

Which flattered me...as well as scared the living hell out of me. I guess I'll jut have to see where this goes.