Untitled Part 25

My bed feels empty now. Megan left just ten minutes ago. She said Sloan should be on her way soon. She didn't want her to walk in on us together in bed. Not like that, we weren't naked or anything. We were just, together. In each other's arms. 

It felt nice. I felt safe. Tied down. 

I was so happy that today turned out the way it did. I didn't get to completely finish my great gesture of cheesiness, but she still liked it. It made her happy, and that made me happy. It always made me happy when she smiled. And my heart flutter when she laughed. God, Megan really was something else. 

I did mean it when I said that I was ok with keeping us a secret. I just couldn't shake the idea of other guys gocking at her. Especially that fuck tard Evan. He looked at Megan like she was a piece of meat. It felt so gratifying to punch him out. He deserved it. Talking to my sister like that. I could see that Sloan was on the verge of slapping him herself, and I think it's a well known fact that she'd probably break her hand. She really isn't all that intimidating. 

Taking out my phone, I saw I had a text message. It was from Bailey. 

Bailey: I'm breaking up with you.

Wow, that made my life a whole lot easier. Now I didn't have to worry about doing it myself. Now all of myself can belong to Megan. If she wants me. I don't want to push her to do anything. But I hoped she wanted me the way I wanted her. She is different. I don't just want her for sex. Hell, it drove me crazy just merely thinking about her. Absolutely insane when we kissed. I can't even think of a word that even remotely describes how I imagine I would feel if Megan and I ever got to that level. 

I've never been this nervous. Just thinking about having sex with Megan makes my hands shake. Don't get me wrong, I'm great in bed. I know all the right tricks. The right places to kiss. To grab. To drag my nails over. I am great in bed. But for Megan, I want nothing but the best for her. 

Standing up, I stretched out my body. Popping my back and cracking my neck. I was craving some sunny-d so I went down to the kitchen. Megan and Sloan were perched around the island. Looking through a cook book. 

"Skye, are you good at cooking steaks?" Sloan asked, looking up from the cookbook. 

"Yeah....." I answered, grabbing some sunny-d from the fridge. Looking over at Megan, I smiled, before directing my eyes back to Sloan. "Why?"

"Chase is coming over and I want to cook dinner for us." 

"You mean you want me to cook it for you, and you take the credit?" 

"Basically, yeah." She said, laughing. Sighing, I just shook my head. Going to the pantry, I pulled out some spices. Taking the cook book, I threw it onto another counter. Earning the rolling of eyes from Sloan. She was just jealous that I could cook without using a recipe. 

"Do you need help?" Megan asked after Sloan had gone upstairs to pick out an outfit. 

"Do you know how to cook?" I asked, watching as she picked up each spice. Turning them over in her hands. 

"Yes." 

"Ramen doesn't count." 

"Then no." She joked. "But really, I'm not that shabby at cooking. My dad taught me" 

Smiling, I took out the steaks, and put them in the pans. Dosing them in some spices. "You know, we could always cook together." I suggested. Glancing up at her, her eyes shone with emotions as she watched me. "What?" 

"I really want to kiss you." Putting the spices down, she walked over to me. Gripping my waist to slowly turn me around. I looked her over. She had only been out of my reach for a few hours, but it felt like an eternity since I felt her soft lips against mine.