Chapter 46

Third person POV

Sloan awoke the next morning, feeling rested and ready to take on the day that lay before her. Sliding out of her bed, she walks over to her sisters room, opening the door. The two were wrapped snuggly around each other. She smiled to herself, and walked back out of the room. Heading back to her own to get dressed.

She and her newly found girlfriend, as she labels it herself, though Sje doesn't know for sure what they are just yet, had made plans to meet up. Or rather, just have a lazyday at  Marci's house. Which to Sloan, sounded like an amazing idea.

Since it would be a lazy, relaxed day, sloan decided to stay in her pj's. Only adding a few decent touches to herself. Like, brushed teeth and hair. Some light makeup to hide her bags. She had assumed Marci would do the same thing. She considered both of them to be a lot alike. Which She adored. Because that meant she didn't have to hide anything.

Heading out the front door, she hopped in her car. Driving only about fifteen minutes to get to Marci's. Sje found herself more excited and nervous than she thought she would be.

Finally arriving at her house, she hopped out of the car, and headed to the front door. As she was about to knock, she stopped herself. She noticed something strange.

The front door was already cracked open.

Sloan figured thay Marci was just trying to surprise her. Maybe do some big gesture. Where she leaves the door open, and a trail of rose pedals would lead to a very seductive looking Marci. Or in this case a trail of gummy bears would be leading tk Marci in her pj's with a boat load of snacks and the TV set to netflix.

Walking into her house, she saw that it was not that. There was no trail of gummy bears. In fact, it was eerily quiet. The only sound that could be heard was that of Sloans heartbeat and breathing.

Walking into the living room, she looked around. Still no sign of Marci. So she calls out.

"Marci?"

For a split second she thinks she heard something, so she stops in her tracks. Not moving a single muscle as she was giving her sole attention to listening for anything. A muffled cry coming from Marci because she was busy in the shower? Or a groan because she overslept and was too lazy to get out of bed?

But Sloan heard nothing. So she continued walking through the living room. Into the dining room.

Her senses became deadly alerted when she walked into the dining room being in a coplete mess.

Dishes were thrown about the room. Chairs were flipped over. Wine spilled over the table and floor.

But that wasn't wine.

Upon closer inspection, Sloan saw that this liquid was thicker than any wine she had ever seen. Tentatively dipping her index finger into the liquid, she brought it up to her eyes.

Blood.

Her heartbeat quickened, and her body got cold. Sloan spun around, looking for any other signs of wjere the person this blood came from went. Hoping and praying to god that it wasn't Marci. Hoping and praying however, can only do as much as ease the mind for a few seconds in a situation like this.

"Marci?" She called out again, her voice panicy and shaking. Speeding up her pace, Sloan walked around to the kitchen. Fighting the urge to scream as what she had seen, was enough to shake her to her core.

A large blood smere covered the surface of the kitchen counter. Then, continued onto the floor. Almost as if whoever it was, was being dragged.

Her blood went cold in her veins. She was shaken to the point of not being able to speak. Yet, she knew she had to find Marci.

The blood led Sloan to the bottom of the stairs. That was where she found the bloody handprints. Appearing on every other step.

She carefully treaded up the stairs. Cautiously avoiding each bloody handprint so as to avoid obscuring any evidence. She knew she would have to call the cops sooner or later. She was just told shaky to dial the numbers on her phone.

So she kept walking.

She headed towards the bathroom. As that was the only door that was closed throughout the entire upstairs level. Which didn't consist of many rooms. Only Marci's and her parents room. As well as the guest room.

Walking as qiietly as she could, she placed her hand on the doorknob of the bathroom door. It was locked. So Sloan looked around for the key. Which rested snugly on top of the door frame. Putting the key in the door, she opened it slowly.

Marci was sprawled out on the floor. She looked pale as a ghost. She had lost a lot of blood. Sliding her hand into her pocket, Sloan shakily pulled out her phone and called 911.

"Please! Come help!" She yelled intl the phone. Tossing it beside her, and taking Marci into her arms. Stroking her hair, she kept repeating softly, "its gonna be okay. You're gonna be okay."

Marci grunted, shaking, Sloan held her closely. Looking for Marci's eyes, they looked right past her and to the figure standing at the doorway.

A figure with a gun.

A shot rang through the house. Through the neighborhood. A hot burning pain spread quickly through Sloans body. Then, everything faded to black.

The figure walked up to where Marci and Sloan lie. "Now, why'd you Hacer to come and show up here? Look what you got yourself into." The figure made a tsk tsk tsk sound as they walked away.

The faint sound of sirens in the background.

Tsk tsk tsk............