Chapter 24

Skye's POV

Megan. I can't get her out of my head. Everything she is. Everything she wants to be. Ever  since last night. I didn't plan on actually telling her I had liked her since I met her. Hell, I didn't know I liked her since I met her. 

So, seeing her this morning, gave me the confidence, and the idea to finally profess my feelings for her. I didn't completelyunderstand them myself. But I know they were there. They were real. It was a no brainier. But I didn't want to spook her away. Especially since I wasn't completely sure she reciprocated those feelings. I know that I wanted her to know I cared for her. 

I've never been all that good at expressing my feelings in front of anyone. Hell, I've never really had any feelings like this for anyone. I feel like a pathetic love sick puppy. Maybe I should just let it ride out. She wouldn't like someone like me. Not someone like her. 

No. Stop it. I am not going to some myself out of this. I am going to tell her. Confide in her. I just didn't know how. She only left a few minutes ago, so I should have plenty of time. Looking around at my walls, I searched for inspiration. What does she like? 

Shit. I don't know all that much of what she likes. Throughout all the conversations we've had, we haven't really disccussed what she finds romantic. Fuck, fuck, fuck. I've never done this before. It's usually always just sex for me. I bang it, then I loose it. That's the way I've always been.  It's hard to break something when it's become somewhat of a second nature. Part of me feels like I won't be able to break my habits. But, Megan's worth the try. I just don't want to hurt. 

"What to do, what to do." I pondered, stroking my chin as if I had a beard. I wish there was some way to capture all the moments I've enjoyed with her. 

Then it hit me. I'm an artist. I'm sure I'll be able to capture it perfectly. Grabbing my sketch book and paints, I got settled on the floor and began working. Hopefully she'll like it. I'm not sure what I'll say when she gets here, but I have enough time to figure it out. 

**********A little while later************

My hand is cramping like a bitch. I was nearly finished with half of what I was planning to do. My plan is to paint everything out, draw some things, color in others, then hang them around the room. Yes, I may have printed some things of the computer, but whatever. Sue me. I don't have all day. 

I apparently didn't even have half the day, because as soon as I was done painting everything, I heard the front door open. I was set in the idea that it was Sloan, so I just continued what I was doing. 

Looking up, I saw it was Megan. "Oh.....Megan.....I thought you wouldn't be home till later." Standing up, I scratched the back of my neck, searching for the right words. 

"Skye, what is this?" She asked, looking around. She had a look that was like 'what the actual fuck?'

"It's not perfect, but it'll do for now." I said. I stepped forward, and grabbed her hand, pulling her gently to the first picture. It was when I first met her. "This was when we first met. Do you remember that day?" 

"Of course." She said, smiling as she traced her finger lightly over the picture. 

"And this..........." I said, picking up a picture a little further down the line. "Is when we fell asleep together. You have no idea how great it felt for me to hold you." This was scaring the literal shit out of me, but I had to keep it together and get this out in the open. "And these........" I pointed towards the series of dark paintings. "That's how it felt." 

"How what felt?" 

"Cutting you out of my life.......or trying to cut you out of my life." She looked to me, her eyes brimmed with tears. Bringing my hand up to cup her face, I pushed her hair out of face.