Chapter 37

There's always that one aching moment at the beginning of the day. Where you're still in bed, and you think that by some miraculous miracle, you won't actually have to get up? Yeah, that wasn't the case here.

I mean, I had a concussion. Shouldn't that mean I'm excused from school? Certainly for longer than two days. Though it seems those two days were more stressful than it would've been to just go to school. Also more pleasurable, but let's not get into that right now.

Undoubtedly, I pulled myself out of bed. Shuffling around, grabbing whatever clean clothes I could find, throwing them on halfheartedly. School seemed like a distant memory in the back of my mind, considering I wouldn't be able to talk to Megan. I had already said I was ok with it, so I didn't think it would be fair of me to be mad at Megan. It'd be ludicrous to get upset with her about something she couldn't control.

Sighing, I headed downstairs. I couldn't be upset when her eyes avoided mine. Or when she would settle herself just out of my reach. I could tell this was going to be a hard day.

*********

Sitting in class, I decided the best way to keep myself from staring at Megan, was to glare at Brian. He wouldn't notice though. His eyes were too busy mind raping Megan. My blood was boiling, but I knew I couldn't get involved. I had promised Megan, as well as myself.

Grabbing my sketchbook, I drew Megan's face to calm myself. I didn't need to look at her to be able to draw her, because I had memorized her face the first time I saw her. Again, I am not a stalker. She's just so amazingly beautiful. And modest. Humble. Intelligent. She's so many different things. She has her flaws, but that's what makes her unique.

Escaping my thoughts, I drew an array of different things that popped into my mind when I thought of Megan. I drew a sun, because she lights up my life. A Passion flower, because I think it captures her beauty almost perfectly. I shaded the sky a deep amorous shade of red.

It's just that, Megan somehow manages to bring out the deepest most passionate feelings in me. Which is why I'm so afraid of losing her. Because I don't think I'll ever be able to find another person who was capable of making me feel this way.

"Make sure your projects are done by next week." The teacher sighed. I had forgotten about the project all together, but I had plenty of time to work out what I wanted to do for it. Though, it would be quite a time before I would finish it.

Glaring a bit longer at Brian, he suddenly shifted and my eyes landed on Megan. That same feeling of curiosity enveloped me, as it did the first time I saw her. I pried my eyes away from her before she could meet them. That was the hardest part. Because it felt like it was a crime to look at her.

Knowing well enough the teacher couldn't care less, I stood abruptly, grabbing my things, and stormed out of the class. I could feel the curious and concerned eyes on my back, but I didn't stop. I wanted to leave before I got too upset and broke my promise to Megan. Hell, I was already thinking of the most painful ways I know to torture somebody.

Walking through the halls, I quickened my pace as the urge to go back and indeed break my promise continuously flowed through me. Speeding down the halls, the faces that peered through the windows were nothing but blurs to me. I had an odd sense that someone was following me, but I knew it wouldn't be the person I wanted to see, so I didn't care to turn around.

Some part of me was actually hoping it was Brian. So I could thoroughly kick his ass without any interruptions. I know he's too much of a coward to confront me head on, so that hope was quickly extinguished.

I wanted to yell. To scream out to the world. Or to curse it. I wanted to punch something. I don't understand why I'm not able to control my feelings. No, actually, I do. It's because I fell in love with the most amazing girl in the world, and the only other person who has actually made me feel. I hate that this scares me. I mean, loving someone means you trust them right? I do trust her, but at the same time, I didn't, because I'm scared she'll just leave, and leave me completely obliterated.

Finally reaching my car, or rather Sloan's, I slammed my hands down on the roof. Causing the small car to shake just the slightest bit.

'Just.....breathe.' I thought to myself. Laying my head down gently on the car, I listened to the quiet patter of feet behind me. With any luck, it'd be a teacher. Here to take my delinquent ass self back to class.

"Oh, Skye......." Her voice. It was her voice. She did actually follow me. Turning my head, I saw Megan, standing just a few feet behind me. Her eyes were full of concern, and sympathy. She was worried about me. I knew this had to be hard for her too, she felt the same as I did. "Are you ok? Is your head hurting?"

"It's not my head that's hurting." It's my heart. Though I would never admit this to her. I didn't want her to feel guilty. "I'm fine, you shouldn't be seen with me, not with psycho stalking you." Her eyes wandered on mine for a moment, before slowly shaking her head.

"Skye, I don't care about him. I care about you. What's going on?" Her voice was laced concern. I could see she was straining to control herself around me. She wanted me just as I did her. Moderately decreasing my fear of losing her.

"I don't want to lose you." I whispered. She was silent for a while, so I finally looked back up into her wonderful eyes. They were brimmed with tears.

She walked up to me, and pulled me down to her lips. Throwing caution to the wind while she kissed me in the middle of the school parking lot. My lips clashing with hers, I no longer felt afraid. I knew, that I didn't need to fear losing her. I didn't need to fear the way she made me feel. I didn't need to fear her period.

The only thing I needed to worry about, was Brian trying to get in way of my love for her. That was something I would not let happen.