Chapter 20

Megan's POV

These past few weeks have seemingly been some of the most stressful. The only good thing was that my dad had finally woken from his comatose state. And was now living with his brother. Saying something like he didn't want to live in that house anymore.

It put me at ease when he promised to visit me every weekend. I was happy he was still my dad even after everything. That was the best part of these past few weeks.

Skye was still ignoring me. Acting as if I were merely a plastic bag drifting that got stuck to her shoe.

I've thought about confiding in Sloan about what I said, but she's been a bit preoccupied with some guy she met at an away game. He was a yearbook guy at one of our rival schools.

I didn't want to ruin her happiness with my own drama, so I just kept it to myself.

Unsurprisingly, I've grown to strongly dislike Bailey. Throughout the weeks, she's practically been here everyday. Stripping me of any opportunities to have an actual conversation with Skye. Though I doubt even if we did have the opportunity I'd know what to say. I know I wanted to apologize, but I didn't know how.

What I said to her, it was her biggest insecurity. That she was completely broken beyond repair. Despite the way she treated me, I knew the moment I said it was a huge mistake. I basically used the fact that she actually opened up to me against her.

"Oh my Lord, there's so much food!" I heard Sloan call. I looked up from my spot on the couch, and watched as Sloan marched in with bags full of food. Followed closely by Skye and their parents. They got back just a few days ago. Seemingly just as surprised as I was when they found out Skye was seeing someone.

"Why'd we have to get so much?" Skye grunted, setting her bags next to Sloans on the counter.

"Because you and your sister seemed to have pigged out on everything we have food wise in this house." Their father joked, placing his own bags down.

"Hey, Megan lives here to!" Sloan pointed out. Smirking at me.

"Megan's different." He said.

"How so?"

"We actually like her." Their mom piped in. Looming amused by how both Sloan and Skye scoffed.

Getting up, I helped Sloan put everything away. "So Megan, what's been going on with you?"

I was surprised she actually noticed.

"Did you honestly think I wouldn't notice?"

"No." Yes.

"Don't lie to me." I was beginning to feel like she was in my head. Then again she was my best friend, so there was no point in lying to her.

"I fucked up." I admitted.

"How?" Grabbing a bag of frozen meats, I shrugged, stacking them into the freezer.

"I said something." I said blankly.

"Megan." Sloans stern voice sounded behind me. She was upset.

"I got into sort of an argument with your sister."

"I'm guessing that's why she's been ignoring you?" Sloan stated blankly.

"Yeah."

Sighing, Sloan picked up all the empty bags, folding them for reuse. Walking up to her room, we sat beside each other. Flipping quietly through our phones. She didn't seem mad, but rather perplexed. Maybe she was wondering why a fight between Skye and I would be affecting me this much.