Chapter 31

Getting up in the morning to do things, is my least favorite part of the day. Apparently there was going to be some family get together, so Sloan and I were put in charge of cleaning the entire house. 

The Adams family, was extremely huge. Full of many different people. Ranging from political powers, to famous actors. All the way to decorated war heroes. Their family, came from everywhere in the world. Literally everywhere. Not that every family member would be attending, but I was sure the ones that would come, is enough to fill this entire house. Which is pretty impressive. 

I wanted to find the time to talk to Skye, but she was out. Working on building that pool for the neighbors. She was likely to be put all day, so it wasn't likely I would talk to her. 

"God, I hope that bitch Tina shows up." Sloan grunted as she scrubbed the kitchen counters. Apparently, Tina was hated throughout the entire family. Or so Sloan told me. She was somewhat of a pariah in the family. "I wish she would say something to me. She'll get these hands of she isn't careful." 

"Like you can throw hands." I laughed as she glared at me. "Besides, I'm sure your mom will beat you to it. You should've seen how she shut her down at dinner the other night." I explained. She nodded her head.

"Yeah, mom told me about that. She said she was attacking Skye. Like, trying to provoke her or something. With threats about how her husband would be getting out of jail." She said, hatred seeping in her voice. 

I grabbed a sponge, and began scrubbing with Sloan. For the next thirty minutes, we just gossiped and talked shit about people in her family. Don't get me wrong, I love her family, but some of them are just plain weird. Like her grandma may. She had a habit of collecting teeth that have fallen out of her grandchildrens mouths. 

Then there was their cousin, McCoy. That wasn't his actual name, but he would flip shit if anyone were to call him by his real name. Which was Daniel. I didn't see a problem with the name, but I made sure not to call him by it. 

There were many more weird relatives of Sloans that I've met throughout the years. But there was one person in particular that stood out. Their cousin-in-law, Billy. Married into the family by their oldest sister, Katy. No one really talks about her, because she left on bad terms with their parents. I didn't know the specifics, but I knew it was something bad enough for Sloan to get angry with me whenever I brought up her name. 

"You know, I hope Skye cooks the dinner tonight. I don't like it when all our relatives bring platters of food. It makes me feel like we just had a funeral or something." Sloan said, bagging up all the trash we've collected throughout the house. We've been emptying the trash and that they keep in each room. Though neither of us dared to go in Skye's room. 

Weren't for lack of trying though. It was just locked. 

"Hey dears," Ms.Adams called as she came down the stairs. "You two can go ahead and go clean up. People are arriving anytime. And thank you for tidying up." She said, hugging us both. 

We walked up the stairs, and to Sloans room. I walked over to my drawer in Sloans dresser. I didn't have many clothes, so I only needed one drawer. I pulled out a clean t-shirt, and some jeans. Changing quickly, I applied a light layer of makeup, and headed down the stairs. 

There were already a bout five people coming in through the door. Before everything got too hectic, Sloan and I set out all the dinner trays. In which were full of snacks. Like mini sandwiches, and little corndogs. 

"There's that little bitch. The nerve of that woman. She's not even really family." Sloan seethed, looking towards the door. Following her eyes, I saw a familiar lady, who was standing by the foyer, talking with Mr.Adams.