The Note

Cole

Last night Alex's dad tried to break into the pack house. He managed to get passed the guards, obviously using force because two of my warriors were wounded with stabs to the arms and abdomen, they healed easily but they still couldn't get him fast enough. We were able to capture him with excessive force and now he's in the pack's dungeon which is basically just a small cell division near the pack houses.

While Alex was still in our bedroom in the pack house, I was on my way to the cells to check on her bastard or a father. Anyone that harms my mate deserves to be sent to hell but as much as Alex hates her father, I don't think she would be very happy if I killed him, yet at least. She knows I will at any moment.

Walking down into the cells I see my guards on the floor with silver plunged into their skin. Two guards were even dead, blood everywhere on the floor. The sight before me mad me weak at the knees. The cell bars were broken through, and my guards wounded and deceased. I trained with these men, created bonds with them. This, this is just devastating. Searching the cell I find a note scratched into the wall that sent chills down my spine.

Just cause silver burns my skin doesn't mean I can't break it. I'm coming for my daughter and you better give her to me, or there will be consequences.

Who does he think he is. Why can't he just be happy for her? What did I ever do to him? I deny his demand to take over My packs land and he is out to kill me? He's really asking for it now.

-Amber-

I hope Alex is okay. John is always making plans to try and get her back. Why can't he be happy for our daughter that she found her mate. It was his fault that he hates their pack, he made the idiotic decision to try and take their territory. I just don't want our daughter to get hurt by John again. I have to warn her.

"John I have to run an errand, I'll be back." I yell

Before he could answer I sprinted out of the house shifting into my wolf and make a line straight for Alex's new pack. I come across 3 guards. "Hello I am Amber Steel, Luna Alex's mother. I am here to see her." they look at me in suspicion.

"We will take you to her but if she doesn't recognize you, you'll be dealing with Alpha Cole" I nod and we begin to walk towards a beautiful house. One of the guards knock on the door and I see Alex's mate open up the door in a matter of seconds.

"Mrs. Steel, what are you doing here?" Cole asks me shocked

"I need to talk to you and Alex, but we don't have much time" I say anxiously. He pulls me into the house and the guards disappear back into the woods. Cole calls Alex down. She instantly sees me and gives me a hug.

"Mom are you okay? What are you doing here?" She asks.

"I'm perfectly fine but,  Alex your dad has been going mental, he has this obsession over you and not wanting you near Alpha Cole" I see Cole stiffen up by my words. 

"He's tried a couple times to get into the pack house and get you but I managed to stop him. Last night he went out of the house while I was sleeping. He got home last night with burn marks on his hands. I have the feeling that he was put in a cell but he's still trying to find a way to get you back." I explain and turn to Cole "Cole I need you to tell me exactly what went on between you two so that I know that it's not just about the land and he has another reason to be out for your blood. He cares about Alex so much-" Alex cuts me off .

"If he cared about me then explain why he beat me. You wouldn't know cause you weren't there when he punches me and pinned me to the ground and kicked me, when he put me in the cells. I went with my mate to get away from him and not just because I love Cole. He's a monster." She sobs. I instantly start tearing up. How could he do that to his own daughter? 

"Cole what happened?" I demand as he still looks at Alex in anger from what he just heard.

"He wanted our land but he didn't ask for it, he tried taking it by force. My men and I tried the best we could to fight back, your mate left a scar on my back from when they attacked-"

"What?" Alex looks at him concerned as I do the same, she really cares about him.

"We fought back enough for them to flee our land but we did have to kill a couple warriors in the process. I'm sure that he is still planning another attack but I fear when or if he does attack again... He'll take Alex from me, and I'll be too busy fighting to be with her. He's killed so many of my men, I don't want him doing the same to my mate." He says looking down.

"I would never want my daughter to be pulled away from her mate. The only unfortunate thing is that I have no say in what happens. I know I'm Luna of my pack but they don't partake in war decisions. Even if I tried it wouldn't change anything" I say sighing.

"Well I must leave before your father has a search party out for me. Alex, stay safe, and I love you" I say, she gives me a hug and I leave. Please Moon Goddess, don't hurt my family.

Cole

He's coming for my mate? Like hell he is. I won't let him take away my perfect mate. No I just got her, heck it was hard for me to let her go this morning.

"Cole everything will be okay" Alex says to try and calm me down.

"Of course it is. I'm never letting you go." I say determined.

"Trust me I know. I figured that one out with what happened this morning" She laughs.

"Now, why didn't you tell me about the other times that your dad has hurt you" I say angrily at her. Her face fell forcing me to calm down

"I didn't want you to hurt my family. No matter how much my father deserved it, but after hearing about what my father did to you, you have all the right in the world to hurt my father. If he ever hurts you again then I shall be the one to hurt my own family" she says. Tears streaming her face as her arms wrap around me, hugging me. I feel her tense when she runs her hand up my back. "I want to see how bad he hurt you"

I lift up my shirt and turn around. the scar runs from my right shoulder to my lower back right above my jeans. I hear her let out a menacing growl when she sees what her dad did to me, but I won't lie, that was pretty hot. She let out another growl when she hears me chuckle quietly, laughing at her anger. She walks back around and I look at her eyes, they hold tears. 

"Shh baby, it's okay. It was from like a year or two ago, okay? That's in the past now" I say but she just lets out more tears. It hurts me to see her like this. I pick her up wrapping her legs around mine and sit us on our bed. She puts her head in the crook of my neck, still gasping for air. To calm her down I leave kisses on her neck, finding her sweet spot making her breath hitch and instantly calming her down. I feel her start to drift off in my arms, so I tighten my grip on her. 

"I'm never letting you go."