Jack

(A/N shorter chapter but who cares. I hope it's still good)

Alex

I texted Jack back to say that I can talk now.

Jack- Meet me by the river in like 10 minutes.

Alex- K I'll see you then.

It takes about 10 minutes to get to the river anyways, so I start to get ready to go.

"Where do you think you're going?" Cole asks me, grabbing my hips.

"Jack wanted to talk to me, nothing important, he just misses talking to me sense you don't want me to go and finish school cause guys could be looking at me and stuff like that." I scoff through my joke.

"Maybe I should go with you, I don't want you getting hurt." He says with concern laced though his voice.

"Cole I'm fine. Jack is my best friend. I'm not going to make out with him or anything" I say and he growls. I regret saying that. I head out of the door before he could say anything else. I shift into my wolf and make my way towards the river.

When I get there I see Jack sitting on a rock by the water before he turns around to see me. I drop my change of clothes and shift back to my human form and join him.

"I missed you Alex. I hate not seeing you at school, but I understand why Cole doesn't want you there." He says and I give him a hug that lasts for a few seconds.

"Missed you too, so what do you want to talk about ?" I ask.

"Anything, but first I have some good news" he says smiling.

"What is it?" I ask excited.

"I found my mate!" He says excitedly, hugging me again and jumping up and down.

"Wow for one of the schools bad boys, you sure are very girly around me, jumping up and down about a female." I say sarcastically making him pout. "How did it happen, what's her name?"

"Bold of you to assume my mate's a female, Alex." I look at him shocked. 

"I'm just messing with you." He laughs. 

"Her name is Skylar, she is seventeen, I met her at school. Caused a whole scene with me banging her up against the lockers and giving her hickeys" he says scratching the back of his neck

"Jack, you scandalous little boy" I say gasping making him laugh.

"Yeah, everyone was looking at us weirdly, but it's not exactly a werewolf school. She's a werewolf though so it was all cool." he says laughing softly.

"I'm so happy for you, Sarah is still boy crazy and only ever talks about her mate but I understand that. She probably hated me when all I would talk about was Cole, but we hang out a lot" I say. I decide to be the amazing friend and grab a flower from the ground and get down on one knee.

"Jake Dylans, will you make me the happiest friend in the world and promise me that I will be able to meet your new mate. And you must promise to treat her like she is the only girl in the world and not be too possessive if she has friends that are boys" I say and he just stands there laughing. 

"I do" he says and I start laughing before putting the flower in his hair and give him one last big hug before pulling away. We stare at each other and just start cracking up laughing. Being me I almost fall into the river cause I am laughing so hard.

We talked for a couple of hours before I start to go back home. I left around 3 and now it's 8. Damn, I never realized how much I missed Jack. He made me miss school but I would rather not stress about the work and all. We were talking for about 4 and a half hours, maybe five. Damn Cole must be worried as Hell right now.

I walk into the house and see that no one is on the first floor. I go up to my room and hear footsteps going back and forth. I open it up to see a tense Cole pacing around the room. His back is facing me so I decide to go up to him and hug him from behind burying my head into his back. I feel him jump before calming down.

"I'm home" I say quietly. He turns around and hugs me, sweeping me off my feet spinning me around.

"I missed you so much. I got worried, I almost sent out guards to go and find you. I don't like Jack for keeping you away from me" he says kissing me all over my face.

"Well he wanted to talk and I missed him a lot. That's why we talked for a few hours" I say to Cole to let him know why I was out for so long.

"Why do I smell him all over you. If you just talked I shouldn't smell him" he says curiously.

"Well it's a long story, pretty funny actually." say laughing. "So Jack told me that he found his mate and I gave him a huge hug. Then what really got us both laughing is that I picked a flower off of the ground and then I got down on one knee making a best friend proposal to make him promise that he will treat her with respect and make sure that she feels like the only girl in the world for him. Then I got up, put the flower in his hair and we died of laughter. I almost fell into the river before he caught me which made us just laugh more. After we just talked about random things until it got dark" I say to him. He looks at me and frowns but then smiles at me.

"What's wrong?" I asked him looking into his eyes.

"I just missed you, and it sounded like Jack was being a little bit too touchy with my girl." he says making me swoon at his words. 

"But I'll let it slide this time cause I know that he would never try something like that cause he has his mate now." he says smiling until his smile suddenly falls.

"God Alex I was so worried. I almost went mental thinking that something had happened cause even with Sarah, you aren't out that long. And I just don't know what I would do if something had happened to you" he says with sadness in his eyes. I try to kiss his neck but he is too tall so I take a few steps back making him growl. I roll my eyes and get a small running start before jumping onto him, wrapping my legs around him. Finally I am at a height that I can actually reach his lips, I always have to stand on my toes and even when I do he still has to bend over a bit.

"I don't want to use protection tonight." he says growling.

"Well that was out of nowhere, and babe, word of advice, babies are huge cock-blocks." I say making him laugh.

"Why are you always right?"