I Wasn't There to Protect You

Alex

Terrified. That is the only word that can describe me right now. I wake up in a familiar room but at the same time I feel horrible. I know what happened to me, and I would hope that no one ever goes through that. I got raped by my own father. I was so scared at what Cole would think of me, when he ran out of there with me I blacked out and didn't see where my dad was. If he got away or if he hurt Cole. I feel the arm around my waste tighten. I turn over to see a squirming Cole with fear written all over his face. He's having a bad dream. I wrap my arms around his waist and pull him closer to me. I feel him stop and I see his eyes flutter open. He had tears in his eyes. "A-Alex?" he stutters and puts his head into my chest, inhaling my scent.

"Why are you crying?" I whisper to him

"I thought you left me. I thought you were gone forever. I though he killed you" He said while tears were still spilling from his eyes. I don't say anything. I just hold him.

"I wouldn't leave you" I say reassuringly. "Good. Cause I know that I would miss that sexy ass of yours if you where gone." He says giggling a bit. At least he sounds like he's cheering up.

"Man, you can't go one day without hitting on me" I say not fighting the smile on my face.

"Nope. Thank you for making me feel better. You always do. No matter what." he says burying his face into my neck. I hear him growl angrily. "What happened" I ask him concerned.

He pins me down with my hands at both sides of my head. 

"I didn't do that" he says angrily, but he has sadness in his eyes. I feel my neck, when I get to a spot that hurts a bit and feels fuzzy. A hickey?

"Babe?" I ask in concern and fear as his eyes flash back and forth from black to his normal shade.

"That bastard!" he growls into my ear making me squeal. He sees the fear in my eyes and calms down but he now has tears coming from his eyes. 

"I wasn't there to protect you. I'm so sorry Alex. So so sorry. I left you alone and unconscious when violet hit you. Violet and your dad won't come between the two of us anymore." he says crying into my shoulder.

"Did my dad get away?" I ask quietly and Cole stiffens up at my question. "What?" I ask.

"Alex, he won't touch you ever again. I can make sure of it." he says to me making me feel a bit better. But something felt a bit off. What happened while I was out? 

"What was your dream about" I ask him

"I-I saw you, but I couldn't move. Then I saw your dad and he had his gun. You were chained up and you were screaming and crying but I couldn't save you-" I see him tearing up and I instantly stop him by bringing my lips up to his. "I'm not going anywhere."

Cole

"Alex I need to tell you something"

"What baby?" She wonders.

"promise you won't be mad at me." I say with fear in my voice. Pleading to the goddess.

"Yeah" she says hesitantly with worry in her eyes.

"I killed your father." I say slowly, not wanting to throw it on her.

"What?" She looks at me hurt but something is different. 

"Look Alex I couldn't control myself and Luke was in total control and I couldn't stand to see you hurt and it just happened. Please believe me when I say I would never hurt you. Ever." She just looks shocked. "Please say something" I say pleadingly. She doesn't say anything. She quickly brings me into her arms tight, and sighs.

"Thank you" Is all I hear her whisper into my neck. I don't fight the smile that comes to my face. She forgives me. 

"Y-You're not mad" I ask carefully. Alex is so strong, she could snap my neck if she tried.

"No. Cole, he's done so many bad things to me. I would want him dead. You're my hero, never forget that" She said, holding me tightly.

Why was she so perfect? Even when there is a chance I can break her, she never does. I kill her father and she loves me for it. I sleep with a girl more than once that wasn't her and she doesn't leave me for it. She can kill anyone that get's in her way and not even get blood on that pretty face of hers. What did I did to deserve her?

Violet has been going to the doctors because of what I did to her but I don't feel bad at all. She deserved it. 100%. She'll never be as good as Alex. No one will ever love her as much as I love her, and that's a fact.

Love it never dies, never goes away, and it never will fade between me and Alex. That's a promise.