"I thought you loved me"

Cole

Alex and I had been looking at about 3 houses until we finally found the perfect one for us to spend the rest of our lives in. We were currently walking through the woods just me and her and I loved it. It was late at night so that people weren't out except for the guards, but even with them I felt like we were being watched.

I started to look around hoping that I was wrong, when I suddenly spotted a pair of glowing eyes, but they quickly hid. My body tenses and my senses heighten as I become more alert with my surroundings. Sensing my uneasiness, Alex's head snaps towards mine.

"Cole what's wrong?" Alex asks me in concern. She saw what I was seeing and a glint of nervousness flashes through her eyes.

"Someones following us" I tell her.

"It's probably just a guard-" She was cut of when I started to make my way towards the light silhouette lit up by the moon light. I hear a shuffle and I knew that it wasn't one of the guards, no guard would hide from me. I get closer to only hear faint mumbles coming from the shadowed figure.

"W-Why is he with her? I love him. That whore took him from me." I hear the person say instantly knowing who it was. Her mousy voice couldn't go unrecognized.  

"Why are you following us?" I ask demanding but I get no answer. I growls loudly only to be met with a low husky growl. "Violet get out of the bushes!" I growl at her, my Alpha voice coming out. She slowly starts to rise from the bushes. Before straightening up fully, Violet runs, not away from me, but towards my mate. Before I could do anything she lunged at Alex tackling her to the ground.

"Alex!" I run over to her.

"If I can't have him neither can you, you bitch!" She shouts as she scratches at her face. I pry her off of Alex, who was thrashing underneath her only to be pushed off. While distracted, Alex uppercuts Violet, making her topple over. Alex gets up and runs to me but then is trows by Violet's wolf, bitten on the shoulder and the middle of her neck. Violet instantly stops when she spots the ring on Alex's finger. I hear her growl. "I Thought You Loved Me!" She yells from her wolf 

"I never loved you. You just used me. You used me for my position. I hate you for that!"

"I loved you Cole, and you just threw me away for your whore of a Luna. If I have to kill her to be with you then I will!"Violet screams

I pick up Alex in my arms, blood pouring out of her. Violet growls at me and charges at the both of us. I run making a B line for the pack house. I can't risk Alex getting anymore hurt. I look down at her shoulder to see that the blood hasn't stopped running out from where Violet bit her. I called for the guards and they made sure to guard around the pack house so that Violet couldn't get in. 

"Alex baby please don't close those beautiful eyes of yours." I plead as her eye lids start to lightly close at the loss of blood.

I quickly call the pack doctor and she get to the house within minutes. "Please help her."

She puts Alex down onto one of the beds and instantly bandages up her wound and puts in an IV into her arm.

"She has lost a lot of blood but should heal very quickly. The bite scratched the bone and tore lots of muscle so she will be in pain for a while. She should wake up in a bit. At most about 2 days. She's lucky that the bone didn't crack under the bites pressure." The doctor said and my heart instantly sank. At most is 2 days? I don't think I can wait that long. My baby is in pain and she will be unconscious for almost 2 days. My wolf and I were both unsatisfied with how the night played out. We wanted to go out and find Violet, and put an end to her disrespect.

"W-What?" It all feels unreal. The situation went by so fast.

"There is nothing else that we can do to make her wake up faster. When her wolf is ready she will wake up" She says. The doctor left the room to let me have some time with Alex alone for a bit. 

"Alex baby, please wake up. I need you" I plead. I know she will pull through, but going a night without her in my arms knowing she's okay is something that I won't have tonight.

.

It has been about a day and Alex still hasn't woken up. All I've been doing is pacing around the room. I haven't slept at all. The pack banned Violet from ever returning after I had told them all what she did to there Luna. Banning someone is not just an Alphas decision in my pack, but if it was I would've kicked her out the moment she attacked my mate.

 I need Alex to wake up, I can't seem to even think straight knowing that she still hasn't woken up. Even though it's only been a day, I realized just how much I need Alex to be by my side. She has been healing quickly and yet she hasn't woken up. I miss her. She's right beside me but yet I can't see her radiant eyes. I can't hear her soothing voice and it pains me.

All I can do is just remember what Violet had said before I almost killed her after I went looking for her again. The words I'm coming for her just replay in my head. Violet won't get to her. I'll kill her before she can do anything.

"Alex she won't be harming you anymore" I whisper while holding her hand.

I can hear Alex's small breaths as I sit there in silence with her hand in mine waiting for her to wake up.

Suddenly I hear a small cough erupt from her mouth causing me to put all of my attention on her. As I look over at her I hear another cough but a bit louder than before. I watch as her eyes flutter open causing my heart rate to speed up.

"C-Cole?" She faintly asks.

"I'm here baby. I'm always right here" I sigh, knowing that she is awake.

--------------------------------------

Thank you all so much for 2.1k reads.

I'm having huge writers block right now cause I've been sick., also I have plans for the future and don't exactly know how I am going to get there just yet.

Love you all so much

- Emma