Sleep

Cole

It's been almost a month now since Alex got taken from me and we found her. I get so scared at night for her. I know that the people who took her are dead but it terrifies me to know that it could happen again. Every night she's always tossing and turning even when she's in my arms. I know she's having nightmares. Heck sometimes I'll wander into her mind just to make sure. Every night it's the same. 

'Hold her close'

'Hold her tightly'

'kiss her forehead '

'whisper sweet things in her ear.'

My wolf tells me to do. It pains me to know that there sin't much I can do about it. She tells me what they're about and each night it's the same 2 things. Either her Father or Violet and her cruel partner. 

She is always apologizing for making me scared for her or for waking me up. She thinks she's the problem, the reason I don't get sleep. 

In all honesty, I'm glad that her squirming wakes me up. It lets me know she's there in my arms with me. It lets me know when she's scared, when she needs me.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't like her waking me up or that I can actually sleep cause I get night terrors too. Always dreaming that she's gone. Or I wake up to her not being in my arms.

I feel Alex start to squirm again in my arms. I pull her closer. "Kitten" I whisper in her ear. I kiss the tear that spills down her cheek. Her eyes open and fear lurks in them. 

"I'm sorry" she whispers. I shake my head.

"Stop saying that" I tell her. I know she can't help it but she can't feel sorry. It's not her fault.

"But-" I cut her off with my lips pressed up against hers. I feel a tear run down her face.

"Stop" I say sternly. She nods her head and buries her head into my chest. Her hand lays on my arm. I take the moment to look at her wrists. Some of the scabs have healed but not all of them. Being a wolf does make healing quicker but her wrists were hurt very badly. It may take a week or two before they are normal. Her little hands caress my arm and she eases back to sleep.

.

Alex

Why does it still haunt me? The feeling that it can happen again.

Cole has been helping me the best that he can and it's working. I know that it won't happen again but the fear eats away at me.

Snuggling into Cole helps the situation so much and he doesn't even know. He's my knight in shining armor, but at the same time he's just a big teddy bear that I want to snuggle forever.

Each night is the same. I'm getting tortured and my wrists are still getting burned. The knife is still in my leg and my body refuses to move. Maybe that's why, I can't feel when I'm in a dream. I don't know why it keeps happening when I can't feel anything, but these dreams are different, I can feel some of the pain. 

I've been a wolf my entire life, but I don't understand why I can feel in these dreams. It's like my body is trying to make me re-live the trauma.

I wake up the next morning in Cole's arms and I've probably had the best sleep in a while. Cole helps all he can. I know it pains him to know he can't do much about it but he's trying.

"You okay?" Cole asks me

"Never better" I say, and I mean it. After I woke up Cole, I didn't have the nightmare but I can't get my hopes up. Cole spreads kisses all over my face.

"That's great. I love you" he says to me.

I might over come this.

--------------------------------------------------

HI! Sorry for the short update. Having trouble with Ideas.

I created a new book called Human. I've had the Idea of writing this book for a while and have lots of plans for it. Please go check it out 

Thanks for over 30k 

Love you all

-EMMA