Chapter 2 : Wrong Turn

*songs are suggested for the full Septiplier experience, play it under low volume, just enough so you can hear it.*

I took out my headphones and plugged it into my IPhone, something I never thought I would still have. I really had to rely on the power source I had back in camp, and it was the solar panel I found from a street light. I managed to get it working to charge my phone but the next few days it suddenly burned out.

I scrolled through the music playlist I had on the screen and started playing "Heathens" by Twenty One Pilots. A favorite of mines...

The trees rustled, newspapers flew across the streets and I was focusing entirely on the music. "All my friends are heathens."- a lyric I trust. I don't even have friends.

Suddenly I caught my eye on a lonely zeke in the middle of the road. I still had the blunt knife I carried. I went up behind the zeke, doing the same technique in killing it and ending its life. More appeared in the distance so I made my way through the dark alleys as I avoided any puddles I saw. Come on music help me stay calm. My heart was beating fast.

I then exited on the other side of the area and moved, crouching behind the cars. Two more came up. I tried to go backwards but there was a horde of them too. I had to do something quick. I held my blunt knife and threw it towards a bike rack, causing it to cling and distract the zekes. Both of the corpses shuffled towards the sound and damn they were slow as fuck.

As soon as they turned their heads, I immediately went past them, free of sight, away from potential danger. Once I got enough spacing, I continued on, and hopefully this time, there wasn't anymore of them.

I kept walking towards the destined location of mines, Walmart. It was already three in the afternoon and no zekes yet. It was quiet, too quiet.
I held my breath as I opened the cracked glass door , revealing me the insides of the devastated shopping complex. I remembered where I went, where they were killed. The zekes were busy feasting on them. Now how do I get there?

I grabbed a bottle on the floor and threw it as far as I could. It shattered on the other side. I crossed my fingers and hoped there wasn't more of them in the building.

Only two out of three gave a response to the shattering, leaving one last zeke still tearing the body organs of the dead man. I almost threw up when it lounged into an intestine. I took a broom stick from the counter and pierced it through the mouth of the zeke, its arms fidgeted all over the ground, short whimpers came out of it, fading slowly as I twisted the broom.

I had to act fast so I rummaged my hands into the pockets of the dead man. Where were the other two?

I tried to go deeper and pulled out some shotgun shells, a credit card, matchsticks, hair oil and a small pocket knife. Eureka. What was left was I just needed to find that shotgun. It must've slid its self somewhere, it wouldn't just disappear like that. Unless someone came here already or maybe the zekes could hold weapons, I highly doubt it.

Then I saw what I wanted, laying on the floor ahead of me but it was literally in between two empty aisles which, I'm not sure if there were zombies waiting to pounce on me. I had the shotgun shells already, I just needed the gun to fire them.

I took a deep breath and stepped towards the weapon. I looked left and then right, thank god there was nothing. Then, with all my bad luck, I dropped my phone. Suddenly, one of the zekes from the midst caught me red-handed. It growled furiously before sprinting towards me. What the fuck? Now they could run?

I grabbed the shotgun and zipped it in my bag as I went for the escape. Soon more followed in behind and there was nowhere to run except for the entrance. They all growled and took on the pace. I could hear their footsteps getting louder behind me. My breathing was intense and the heavy shotgun was weighing me down. Just a few more meters.

I shoved the door open and instantly rolled a trolley towards the horde and only slowed down some of them. The rest jumped over the fallen zekes. Damn that was pointless.

It was time I put the shotgun to use. I only had a few seconds to react. I held the shotgun and reloaded the cartridge, pumping it and pulling the trigger. It sent off a widespread of bullets and the zekes were bashed onto the floor. Blood splattered across the pavement. The loud bang was now an alarm to every zeke in the area. I placed it back into my bag and made a run towards a bike. The back wheel was half-flat but the front was still intact. On the left, I saw gas tanks on a truck. I had to pull of my escape so I went to the gas tanks and poured a line of hair oil and then set it on fire with the matchsticks I found.

I then got back onto the bike and strode my way clear off the grid. I was far enough from Walmart. A few minutes later, a huge explosion appeared. A mushroom cloud rose into the sky. I smirked at the fact that I actually did that. Rule number four, escape and make it interesting.

I then continued, with a gun on my back, a bike and an awesome escape. The day was just playing its cards on me, I won the game.

***

Now that was fun...I'll see you guys in the next chapter!
Did you think the explosion was worth it? Cool Jack...eventhough the world was going to end.
The song you just played is one of the best songs from Suicide Squad (Movie).
Check that out :)