Chapter 27 : Getting Ready

Hey guys, I'm trying out this new writing style :)
---
The morning daylight came rising once again from outside. The bright light poured into the room through the blinds of the windows, growing a white shadow that reached over my feet.

I watched it heat up my skin until it got longer to the point it reached my waistline and onto my face. I squinted at the view and covered my sight with my palm as I tried to get up. Mark was still sleeping, his snores were loud as a gorilla's.

I smiled at the cute man as I ran my fingers through his orange hair, admiring the fluffy feeling. Mark then woke up as his eyes fluttered opened, revealing me the hazel brown and the red septic.

"Oh hey Jack, why are you up so early?" He asked before yawning loudly.

"It's mission day Mark, of course I have to wake up early." I said as I rolled my eyes and went to the kitchen. "You know Marzia isn't back yet, what did she say last night again? When she left?"

Mark groaned and stretched his arms in the air, turning around to me with a groggy face.

"Oh god Mark, do you always wake up like this?" I said as I hinted a finger over my mouth, "There's saliva pouring down yer mouth like a river."

Mark smiled and wiped off his mouth as he grabbed his glasses and wore them.

"Um no, and Marzia said she was going to the office for some work and stuff. She did bring the blueprints with her so I'm guessing that's what she's currently doing." He replied with a grin. Mark then shuffled his way over to me as he wrapped his hands around my neck, giving me a light kiss that sent shivers down my body.

"Why are you so cranky Jackaboy?"

"Pfft, I'm not. By the way, thanks for last night, eventhough we didn't finish watching the movie." I chuckled, bringing his hands in closer for a peck.

"Anything for my smol bean. Your hair kept poking at my eye though." Mark continued as I muffled a laugh. He then went into the bathroom to take a quick shower while I stood in the kitchen to make some coffee. If there was any.

I searched through the cabinets and found a pack of pure-black coffee in sachets. This was my favorite, but I didn't know if Mark loves them like I do.

"Glad I'm Irish." I thought to myself.

I grabbed two mugs and poured the contents in as I waited for the kettle to heat up the water. I then walked up to the bathroom door, knocking at it as I called out for Mark.

"How long are yer going to take?" I asked, sounding a bit annoyed.

"Just give me a few more minutes. I haven't even taken off my pants yet for god's sake!" Mark replied on the other side as I could hear the splashing of water run down towards the floor.

Then, a bump came over the front door. Was that Marzia?

I then grabbed my shotgun and reloaded the barrel,  walking slowly towards the knob. The door didn't have a hole to look through so this was going to be a surprise but of course, it wouldn't be someone else right?

I carefully placed my hand onto the knob as I twisted it around. Before even trying to open the door, Marzia came in bashing over me with force. I fell on my back and saw Marzia breathing heavily as she smiled at me.