Chapter 14 : Covering Blood

It was still night, I woke up in a shock, my head and body was sweating like hell. I flinched my hand across my side, the bed was vacant. Mark was not there.

I grew worried so I went downstairs, Lilly was sleeping beside Marzia and Ken laid down on the couch. Where was Mark?

I went into every room in the house, still, no sign of him. I then went to the front door, weary of what my mind was thinking.

I turned the knob and pushed it open. Wind blew past me, swaying my hair across the wooden frame. I could see a figure on the grassland, and one more on it.

I came closer, terror filled my face. Mark was dead, a zeke was mauling him apart. I clasped my hands and suddenly woke up.

"M-Merk!" I screamed, only to find out he was stunned awake beside me. I looked around, trying to get back my sensual self.

"Jack? You okay? Holy shit you're sweating!" Mark said, he held the lower side of his shirt and wiped off the sweat on my face and chest. I gripped his hand and kissed it, my breaths were slowly going normal again. "What happened?"

"N-nothing...you were dead...I saw it, everything felt so real." I replied, staring down on the sheets. Why was I even using it? Mark lifted my chin and looked into my eyes, his deep voice startled me a bit.

"Jack, it's okay...I'm still here."

Mark rubbed my cheeks and laid me back down. He glistened his fingers against mine, waiting for me to fall asleep. He put up a small smile allowing me to rest in his gaze, comfort was all around me.

I motioned my head towards him and gave Mark a light peck on the lips before closing my eyes.

"Sleep tight baby." I heard him whisper into my ears.

----

The next day was pulverizing, our car was beaten up with no gas. Mark went over to the back and checked if there were any spare refueling tanks but there was none of them.

Lilly and Marzia were having a quick breakfast inside. Somehow they managed to find a box of Quaker Oat cookies in the kitchen. Ken was standing on the porch, holding his left wounded arm. I could see he was all fine but the situation of us and the car was desperate. Without a car, there's no way we could cover long distances.

Mark walked over to me asking if I knew anyplace that had gas. My mind clicked, we were close to the Walmart I blew up. Surely the gas tanks I used during that explosion were from a small truck.

"This road dissects around Walmart, which, I blew up." I chuckled sounding a bit distorted.

"You blew up that place? That was you?" Mark paused and winder his back before saying, "Damn!"

I bit my lip, he was too cute. The orange dyed hair man was too hard to handle,even in this serious world. He held both of my hands, I could see Ken smirking from the porch. I looked back at Mark, closing in onto me.

"Ahem, gas tanks." Ken coughed out. Mark wandered his gaze over Ken, the kiss was so close.

Mark smiled and held my shoulders, "Let's go find them first then maybe we could have a little talk on the way..."

"...to that Walmart place."

Mark walked over to Ken as I followed up behind. Ken snickered at the both of us.

"You guys should fuck each oth-"

"Shut up Ken." Mark cut him off. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my gun and Mark's from inside the car. "Ken, we're going off to a place for awhile, stay here with the girls. We won't be long."