Chapter 7 : Born Stronger

I walked across the road and into the building, the keys dangled over my pocket as I held my shotgun, the growing dark night floated above me. I was alone, the building's front door looked like a cell entrance, would I be treated the same way like the hunters did to me?

I pushed it open, revealing me the potato man, Felix. He was busy checking on some weapons, his hair was crinkled due to tiredness.

"Oh hello there green fluff." Felix began, I was not in the mood for the whole green fluff thing.

"You know, I was going to try become friends with you but after hearing that shit word come out from your fucking mouth, I don't think we're gonna do that." I said as I made my way to the stairs. He pulled out a knife that he just sharpen and halted me from moving further.

"Who gave you the privileges to enter green-"

"It's Sean, it's fucking Sean. Why, Robert got into your head?" I interrupted.

"Robert made me who I am." Felix continued as he leaned closer, "I'm more...fabulous this way."

I was about to laugh but the whole situation became more intense.

"Fabulous?" I scoffed, "He taught you how to be a supermodel?"

"I'm Swedish, very Swedish. So, don't judge my English." He said, placing the tip of the knife on my nose. I looked at the middle edge, it was actually very sharp.

"You know your red eye right there, it's precious. A lot of money comes back to our camp if we decide to pass you to the other clans." Felix added, he slid the knife slowly, against the surface of nose and up to my forehead.

I pushed him away as I went upstairs, "Swedish bitch."

I could hear him laughing from down below, his voice pierced through the cracked walls of the building. Arriving at the third level, there was a hallway that had doors on the sides. It was most likely to be a hotel. At the same moment I thought about Lilly, was she going to be safe with Marzia?

I came across the room that had a number similar to the one on my keys. Before going in, I thought it would be a five star hotel room or at least a four, but it didn't look like it had any stars at all.

"Wow, this place is fugly." Fugly, a word I use if I see a combination of fucked up things and ugly sights.

I placed my shotgun in the corner of the small room, my bag near the bed. There was a small sliding window that let to the outskirts of the undead world. I walked to it and swung it open, air came breezing past me as I popped my head out, checking the top and bottom. There was a pipeline on the left that had some sort of mini ladder that constantly went upwards.

Mark wouldn't mind if I venture around this building, heck, he won't even know. I came back in the room and ran to the front door, locking it and going to window again. I placed my leg out and onto the ladder as I assisted my ascend with my hands. I slowly and carefully climbed the pipeline, a few creaks went here and there. It was clearly rusted but I liked danger so, it wasn't a big deal.

Upon reaching the rooftop I set my hands on the edge and pulled myself up, finding a big space of gravel and a view of the whole area down below. I looked up and saw the sparkling stars that appeared in the sky. It was beautiful, and at least, I knew I could spend some time besides thinking about the world I was in. I immersed myself into the rare experience and laid my back on the rooftop as I watched the hot balls of fire from space. I smiled, I wish I could do this with Mark.