Chapter 21: Pain

"Where are the Septics!" The man started with a growl. He walked towards us, a terrifying view of his tattoos appeared on both of his arms, wanting me to hide behind Mark. I felt weakness when he came nearer and so did Mark. What was happening?

He then held out this weird glowing tube that shined blue from within, like jelly plasma which radiated some sort of invisible power. He swung it in the air and I could feel my body in pain, it hurts so much.

"Ahh!" Mark groaned. He held his head down and dropped onto the pavement. "F-fuck it hurts!"

"Mark, Jack!" Ken bellowed out.

I too felt the agony grow over my whole body. It was a feeling I couldn't stand, like shards being pierced into every part of me. I fidgeted a little at the second swing he did, the glowing light burned my skin. I tumbled over Mark, holding his hands as we both tried to resist the pain.

"Leave them alone!" Marzia screamed as she made a run for the man. One of his guys managed to hold Marzia back. The whole world suddenly felt so slow, my eyes blinked once and boom...

Blackness surrounded me as I felt chains go over my wrists. I could still hear Mark's cries, afraid of what might happen next.

---

I woke up to a sudden splash of water on me, my body was held stiff against this weird plank. Tubes followed up towards my chest from behind, I was strapped right at the ankles of my legs and my neck was locked tight with a leather belt. I couldn't breath normally, my heart was beating too fast.

"Pulse rate increasing, test three initiated." Said this person in a white suit. It was fully covering the entire body, like they were wearing hazmat clothing.

I felt cold liquid go through my arms, causing me to shout in severe pain. I could see my veins getting tense against the surface of my skin with every second.

"Please! It hurts! Stop!" I begged out. The doctors could only watch me cry for mercy, for I know they won't give it to me. "Argh!"

"J-Jack." A soft voice called out. The lights brightened to reveal a weak Mark right beside me. He was in the same condition as I was. I watched his weak body as he tried to speak.

"Subject Mark Edward Fischbach, test three initiated."

I could see the tubes fill up with the blue liquid as it entered through him. At that moment, his rage grew even wilder, his muscles were getting bigger as he could only scream at the hazmat individuals.

His glasses fell onto the white floor beneath us as he heaved out a heavy sigh.

"M-motherfucker!" He scoffed out. I called out to Mark as he stared at me, his teeth gritted along with a heated up face.

"Mark, I'm sorry if we're-"

"AHHH!!!" Another sharp feeling shuddered throughout my body.

"Enough!" Someone commanded. I wandered my eyes over him, trying to see who it was. My body went limp, I couldn't feel anything. My sights were blurry but they soon focused after when the person came closer.

He tilted my head, forcing me to look at him. I was breathing heavily, close to being dead. Because of this, I held my dignity, staying strong along with Mark. I didn't want to leave him, Mark was everything to me.

"You stay away from him." Mark spoke as the man switched his gaze over to him. I could only shake my head and hope he wouldn't do anything bad towards Mark.

"You have been trespassing through our compound. It seems that the two of you were trying to get through our reserves but finding out that you were both Septics, made us feel like, sparing you. You're both lucky we didn't sell you to the other clans out there so instead of saying insolent words why not give me a simple thank yo-"

"Fuck you, son of a bitch!" Mark cut him off and spat at his face. The man grinned and wiped it off with his sleeve.

"Give him another round." The man commanded.

"But sir, he might die from this. His body's sustaining maximum damage, going overboard might kill his cells." One of the hazmats replied. My eyes widened to his statement.

"I said give him another round!"

I could see him nod and a lever being pulled up, blue fluid seeped through the tubes that was following up toward Mark. No no no...

"No! Please, enough! Thank you, for letting us live. Don't hurt Mark anymore, please!" I exclaimed as the man held up his finger, causing the fluid to stop and reverse in the other direction. I could feel tears run down my cheeks, relieved of the situation.

"Jack, I'm s-so sorry..." Mark said as he tried to hold my hand. We could only get a hold with our fingers, we were too far apart.

"I'm happy to hear that. Your name boy?" The man asked. He pulled out a pen and paper, plopping the head cover off, like he was more somehow superior on our behalf.

"Oh wait, I already know...Jack. Thanks to your friend here, Mark."

"I'm his fucking boyfriend and don't you call me Mark, you don't deserve it." Mark added. The man could only roll his eyes and call us 'pathetic Septics'.

He then walked out through this metal door, the straps were released, freeing us from the longing pain that we were in awhile ago. I came closer to Mark, hugging him as tight as I could as he kissed my forehead and rubbed my cheeks.

"I'm sorry you have to go through this Jack."

"M-Mark, I-I thought I was going t-to lose you..." I sobbed, burying my face in his chest. I caught an eye on his glasses, reaching my hand out to grab it.

Still crying, still in the embrace of Mark, I held out his glasses and felt his hand wrap around mines, a warm touch that was undeniable. I knew I would feel safer by his side,

I knew I would...

***
:) nyehehehe...I'm unpredictable..

So thank you guys! If you liked this book, Comment anything down below and punch that star button in da face, like a boss! *share it all around*, wapsh wapsh...
And I thank you readers and I'll see all you dudes...in the next chapter!